Spyrium» Forums » General

Subject: 6 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sly Sof
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I know the game says 2-5 players but I would like to know if there is any significant drawbacks in playing the game with 6 players?

I do have extra components (discs, meeples, money and plastic gems).

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suspect game length would be of concern. I would also be slightly concerned about the market only having 3 cards more than the number of players - there's a chance that there would be too much competition and that there could be a runaway leader effect - or at least a fall-away trailer. There may be some balance issues as there may not be sufficient of the different types of market cards in the game to allow skill (rather than the way the cards come up) to determine the outcome of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't foresee a mechanical breakdown happening, but it'll probably be a subpar experience. I didn't enjoy the game with 5 as much as with 3 or 4 (or even 2), because the market was just too crowded. It'll be more so with 6 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
With six, the last player could be at disadvantage to pull one of his worker for money. Of course, this really depends on how many workers each player has and when will players start to pull out workers (for money or buildings/characters) and also other factors.

Downtime could slightly be an issue, but in my opinion, it's not going to be that terrible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.