Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
DJ
United States
Calhoun
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the idea from an image someone posted on here of dice trays made with foamboard. I live in a rural area, so I had to use whatever box Walmart had and then design the dice tray and card tray around it. I like the way it ended up. It's sturdy and holds the dice well as long as it's not inverted. And I have room to stack another dice tray so I can make another one when Uncanny comes out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hristoforov
United States
North Hollywood
CA
flag msg tools
that is dope!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Lordi
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sweet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicely done, but you gotta get rid of those rubber bands on the cards. Rubber bands are death on cards. Lots of people like Hugo's Amazing Tape. Or custom tuckboxes.

I like that you've got room for the next expansion...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DJ
United States
Calhoun
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anarchy wrote:
Nicely done, but you gotta get rid of those rubber bands on the cards. Rubber bands are death on cards. Lots of people like Hugo's Amazing Tape. Or custom tuckboxes.

I like that you've got room for the next expansion...

It's just temporary because of all the bends in the cards from the gravity feed. They are almost straight enough to take them off now. I put commons on the ends so it wouldn't damage important stuff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DJ
United States
Calhoun
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, this amazing tape stuff looks interesting. How wide do you get it for cards? Does it need to be as wide as the card, or will something like a half inch roll work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Christianson
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
OCD mode kicking in. You have a Thor die mixed in with your Vibranium Shield dice. Urge gone, you may proceed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DJ
United States
Calhoun
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cryptickosh wrote:
OCD mode kicking in. You have a Thor die mixed in with your Vibranium Shield dice. Urge gone, you may proceed.

Everything in the right 2 columns are actually extras. The other columns all have 6 for each card, then I put the extras in the last 2 so some have 5 dice, some have 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Soonsin Lee
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I play with Blue
mbmbmbmbmb
What case did you get from Walmart?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nafmi Sanichar - van Herwijnen
Netherlands
Weesp
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would really like to know how you did it, it looks really nice! Great job!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DJ
United States
Calhoun
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JavaJoe96 wrote:
What case did you get from Walmart?

It was in the section for homemade jewelry. It's a big hobby for women now. Next to the farbics in my walmart. It is advertised as holding 12x12 papers.

Nafmi wrote:
I would really like to know how you did it, it looks really nice! Great job!

Basically just get some foamboard and start cutting. I made the tray 9x12 so that I would have 3 inches for the cards. I then just lined the dice up in rows how I wanted them to fit and started drawing/cutting foamboard. When you cut the walls for each column, make sure they are shorter than the dice so you are able to grab them easily. The glue I used was Elmer's Probond. It tacks up quickly and dries strong and clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.