Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Maertz
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Didnt think after this many plays Id have more questions but we had a crazy game 7 player game tonight!

1. In the Influence Hex phase at the end of the Combat Phase it states you destroy enemy discs and may place your own. Is this done in any particular order? What if you and I both have zero disc's left to place and both are about to destroy one of the others discs.
Do you just simultaneously kinda trade locations or does one of you get screwed?

2. The Hydran Progress can buy two technologies per action. Buying a Development is in place of a technology. Can the Hydran buy one Development and one technology with the same action?

3. You and I are in the same hex with no diplomatic relations. Could we go straight to an Alliance and avoid combat? Or would trying to make Diplomatic Relations (the precursor to an Alliance) break immediately since you are in the same hex?

Wakrob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I understand,
1. Player destroys population cubes (after combat, not at the end of Combat phase) not the disc. If at the end of combat, there's no population cubes left in a hex, the disc owner take the disc back to his Influence track. And the player with ship in the hex, can place his disc into it.

2. I don't understand about the Hydran develepments, are these on expansions?

3. No you cannot form diplomatic relationship if both parties are engaged in combat during the round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Clévy
France
Strasbourg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. We play that everyone takes their discs back then everyone can place discs. So we just simultaneously trade locations.

2. We play them as two separate research actions so you can buy a development and a technology with the same action. If they were not two separate actions there would be no reason why you could benefit from the reduction gained by the first technology to buy the second.

3. You can't declare diplomatic relations so you can't declare an Alliance.

I don't really have any rule quotes to back all this up though .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko Günther
Germany
Saarbrücken
Saarland
flag msg tools
designer
Coming soon: Peak Oil Spillover!
badge
I spent 100 GG so you can read this.
Further elaborating on #1:

Do each of these steps for all hexes concerned (in order of hex numbers and regardless if there happened any battle at all) before taking the next step:

- After all combat is finished, population cubes in hexes with enemy ships are shot at / bombed and possibly destroyed.

- Influence disks in hexes without colonized planets but with enemy ships are removed.

- You may place influence disks in each hex that has only your ships

So, coming back to your question, yes, you basically swap influence in the two sectors concerned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I confirm. You remove all discs before you can place any new.
2. You buy development instead of buying a Technology Tile (not Tiles). So you change one tile for one development.
3. You need diplomatic relationship to create alliance.
It's possible that you both have diplomatic relationships with 3rd player and create 3-player alliance with his help.

And yes, 2 your questions belongs to expansion's forum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
For #1, see the designer's comment here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.