Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Seyer
United States
Raleigh
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a player build more than one of each type of building? We ran into a situation yesterday where my opponent was sitting at 11 points, and could only win on his turn by building a second town hall in this principality. We searched the manual but found no limitations, so he ended up building the town hall to win the game. Did we play this right? If so, would the benefits of two town halls stack?

Thanks,
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Averett
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
uh...whose turn is it?
badge
I spent 100gg for this?!?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that the computer game version lets you do that and they do stack. Because I am only 80% sure I probably shouldn't have replied, but hey, if I am wrong, there will be appx. 1 million posts here to correct me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
That's the way we play it. I didn't see anything either after a quick scan of the rules, but I tend to go with the rule-of-thumb "if the rules don't forbid it, then it is allowed".

Not that it is proof, but note that there are more than two Garrisons.

- d

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules tell you what happends if you have two buildings of the same type in the cases where this matters - like the Cloister or the City Hall.

So yes, a player may have more than one of each type of building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seyer
United States
Raleigh
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks for your responses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Tholén
Sweden
Norsborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
billy_baroo wrote:
Can a player build more than one of each type of building? We ran into a situation yesterday where my opponent was sitting at 11 points, and could only win on his turn by building a second town hall in this principality. We searched the manual but found no limitations, so he ended up building the town hall to win the game. Did we play this right? If so, would the benefits of two town halls stack?

Thanks,
Chris

Page 30 in the rulebook almanac, last two lines of text: "If you have more than one Town Hall, there is no further reduction in cost. You still must pay one resource to search a stack."

There's clarifications for every card in the game back there in the almanac, I recomend you read it through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that although the second "Town Hall" won't give you any benefit except the victory point, one of the expansions has a card called "Assembly Hall", which requires you to own a Town Hall before you build it, and that one does take the cost of searching a stack down to zero - for ONE card per turn. If you're replenishing multiple cards and want to search for all of them, the second and subsequent ones will still cost one card. But even just one free search per turn is a very, very strong effect. It's a good card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.