BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: "Can you identify this game" thread... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Logan
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I was told about a game that a friend saw being played on a train and we were trying to find out what it was, however we couldn't work it out and I have very minimal second hand information to go on.

But knowing this great community, someone will be able to work it out, right?

All I have to go on is: There were 4 players with different coloured opaque cards, and a set of clear (colourless) opaque cards. The cards had symbols and "Tim Burton-esque" artwork. Players were placing their coloured cards on top of the clear cards.

And thats it. Anyone know?

EDIT: Premature post. Just clicked that it might be Gloom, but that wouldn't matched the "coloured cards" bit. Will need to ask the person to find out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Crawford
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In Gloom, each player starts with a "family" made up of several members. The family shares a color, so each one player might have red family members while the next might have green family members. (I don't remember the actual colors, sorry)

The communal deck of cards (the events that happen to members) are not colored however.

I would bet money that Gloom is the game you are asking about, but I'd definitely suggest looking through the pictures section of the game to see if it rings a bell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Kri
msg tools
I'm also looking for a game that I played when I was young. It was like descent and heroquest the way that you build up the dungeon with tiles.

Don't remember much more other than we played around with it in the 90s

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Girven
United Kingdom
Basildon
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could it be Cranium Zigity
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
mbmbmbmbmb
girvatron wrote:
Could it be Cranium Zigity

Yep that's what I'm sure it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.