Subject: Space Hulk for iOS on sale for only $4.99 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Space Hulk for iPad has dropped to half price, from $9.99 to $4.99. This is the first price drop for the game.

Check it out here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/space-hulk/id742022720?uo=4&...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elias
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Give us lettuce or give us death (or carrots).
mbmbmbmbmb
Space Hulk is also a part of the Humble Store Spring sale for 7.49 (Down from $30, apparently). This is for Windows, Linux, and Mac. You can buy a steam key through the sale.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/spacehulk_storefront

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Gingras
Canada
Sorel-Tracy
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cagriggs wrote:
Space Hulk for iPad has dropped to half price, from $9.99 to $4.99. This is the first price drop for the game.

Check it out here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/space-hulk/id742022720?uo=4&...

I really enjoy XCOM, but am hesitating about Space Hulk. Now that the bugs and crashes have been fixed, is the game itself worth the $4.99?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Bryant
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And how different is it from the Warhammer Fantasy iOS game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Stewart
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aimon wrote:

I really enjoy XCOM, but am hesitating about Space Hulk. Now that the bugs and crashes have been fixed, is the game itself worth the $4.99?

Thanks.

tensider wrote:

I'm curious about both these questions as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinosoo wrote:
Aimon wrote:

Thanks.

tensider wrote:

I'm curious about both these questions as well.

Me too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Vives
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really quick answer...

Space Hulk has you controlling a squad of space marines through narrow corridors, fighting Tyranids (think the aliens from the "Aliens" movies). The missions are loosely connected together.

It is a faithful recreation of the board game, with some nice chrome, e.g. animated attacks. However, it does lose some fun by not being in the same room as your opponent, if you are playing multiplayer. It is more limited than XCOM, e.g. entirely tactical battles.

It is vaguely like Warhammer Quest, but will feel more "claustrophobic." You have to think more carefully about each move in Space Hulk. If you like one, you will probably like the other. Both games are best played in small bursts, so that you don't get burned out.

I hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Stewart
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MVives wrote:
Really quick answer...I hope that helps!

That helps a lot, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Gingras
Canada
Sorel-Tracy
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MVives wrote:
Really quick answer...

Space Hulk has you controlling a squad of space marines through narrow corridors, fighting Tyranids (think the aliens from the "Aliens" movies). The missions are loosely connected together.

It is a faithful recreation of the board game, with some nice chrome, e.g. animated attacks. However, it does lose some fun by not being in the same room as your opponent, if you are playing multiplayer. It is more limited than XCOM, e.g. entirely tactical battles.

It is vaguely like Warhammer Quest, but will feel more "claustrophobic." You have to think more carefully about each move in Space Hulk. If you like one, you will probably like the other. Both games are best played in small bursts, so that you don't get burned out.

I hope that helps!

Thanks for that. I bought it, tried the first mission. So far, it feels a little more complex than Warhammer Quest, but less so than XCOM. Since I've never played the boardgame, it's a good way to get an idea of what it was like (same for Warhammer Quest, Talisman, and so many others!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.