19 Posts

Marvel Dice Masters: Uncanny X-Men» Forums » News

Subject: Correct Dice Image rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Pearman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is the correct dice image as revealed by Tom Vassal on the Dice Tower Board game breakfast.

Guess what the new characters are!

Pyro, Psyche, Quicksilver, Jean Grey, Psylocke
Sentinel, Iceman, Toad, Bishop, Mr. Sinister
Cable, Juggernaut, Scarlet Witch, Emma Frost, Namor

*Note: I edited my post to include picture to support my predictions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I can't imagine that image has anything to do with Moonstone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pearman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
I can't imagine that image has anything to do with Moonstone.

Oops! I meant moonstar (not moonstone; I've edited it). I base the guess on this helmet:

Psyche or Mirage. Dani Moonstar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Too obscure for mass consumption. Falcon and Archangel are far more likely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pearman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
okami31 wrote:
Falcon and Archangel are far more likely.

You could be right. I wondered about Falcon as he's not exactly an x-men but he does go with Cap well and the colors (red and white) seem a natural match. I wondered about archangel as we already have Angel in the first set...colors work with him too.

I'm thinking Falcon is more likely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't imagine there will be fifteen different characters in the starter...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredo G
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't think it's a mock. What I believe is that these are all Characters included in this expansion and not just the ones in the Stater Set.

I know it says "Starter Set" but Tom might have it wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
alfredgo wrote:

Sacrilege!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredo G
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bobby4th wrote:
alfredgo wrote:

Sacrilege!

Ok, then WizKids had it wrong! Hahaha!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Quan
Canada
flag msg tools
Very clever OP. Get other people to help you brainstorm for the contest and submit their answers. Touche.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Quan
Canada
flag msg tools
alfredgo wrote:
I don't think it's a mock. What I believe is that these are all Characters included in this expansion and not just the ones in the Stater Set.

The new expansion will be like the AVX: start + boosters. This is most definitely a mock up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
eviljelloman wrote:
Is it just me, or is this a pretty terrible idea? It seems like people are going to end up with a LOT of useless sidekick dice.

I know I'm already thinking about finding someone with a bunch of boosters but no starter, and trading sidekick dice to them. When starters become less rare, this won't really be an option.

It's just you. devil

Yeah, we'll have a lot of extra sidekick and action dice, but for $15 you are still getting 16 dice that can only be pulled from boosters as uncommons, 24 character cards, and 10 (hopefully new) basic actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pearmanb84 wrote:
okami31 wrote:
Falcon and Archangel are far more likely.

You could be right. I wondered about Falcon as he's not exactly an x-men but he does go with Cap well and the colors (red and white) seem a natural match. I wondered about archangel as we already have Angel in the first set...colors work with him too.

I'm thinking Falcon is more likely.

Falcon would be a good choice for the second die (correct die color, wings look about right), but I can't imagine why they would include him in the Uncanny X-Men set. He's not a mutant, and he's done nothing with the X-Men that I recall.

Dani Moonstar is a good guess, but I don't think it's right.

We already have Angel in the game. Archangel is a possibility, but I would think the die's colors would be more blue and purple rather than red.

I'm stymied. I guess I'll go with Falcon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Falcon has been shown to have the mutant power to control birds so he does fit with the mutant theme. And he associated with the avengers so he would not be out of place in the set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
Falcon has been shown to have the mutant power to control birds so he does fit with the mutant theme. And he associated with the avengers so he would not be out of place in the set.

I guess it's a more complicated issue than I thought, but, officially, Falcon is not a mutant and the only evidence to the contrary has been retconned to be the result of a malfunctioning Sentinel.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2011/12/10/the-aban...

As for him being an Avenger, all the more reason not to include him in the Uncanny X-Men set, so I don't get your point there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am seeing he would fit in with the avengers once you combine sets. It has not been 100% confirmed that there will only be x men related characters in the new set. They may throw in a few avengers to help round it out.
Many people are hoping for the invisible woman to be in the set as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Moreland
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What was released previously was an earlier stage mockup, with existing character icons on differently colored dice. This one looks to be very similar to the existing product image for the AvX starter set. If you look closely, it includes dice that aren't in the starter itself, and when I got my starter, it had a completely different "face" than the one in the product image. My guess is that this is the final marketing image they're going to use and includes dice from both the starter and boosters, even if the starter only includes 8 characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Carvalho
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
I dwell in possibility
badge
Forever is composed of nows
mbmb
The second die could also be Icarus or Magneto. The "Cable" die may be Longshot whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.