Subject: Some 2 player game variants rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bijan Ajamlou
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During our first 2 player game we accidentally played that not only do opponent merchant require 2 gold if you happen to move to their location but also assistants. This resulted in a tighter game and was fun and gave more interesting interaction and blocking possibilities.

Another variant is to play with all the mosque tiles in a 2 player game and allow players to have multiple of the same. This require you to place 4 gems in each mosque at the start of the game. If a player have a pair of mosque tiles they get a gem. The effects of the mosque tiles stack so you can use each one 1 time/turn. If you have 4 of the green tile you can pay 8 lira and get 4 goods of any kind when using one of the three warehouses tiles. When getting your second, third and forth blue tile add one additional neutral disk. The neutral disk work as the neutral disk in the variant for 2-4 players explained in page 8 in the rulebook.
To play with this variant, the cost of the mosque tile is equal to the displayed amount on the tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
8-bit Matt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How well does this play as 2-player using the standard rules? Worth it, or better off sticking to 3+?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Boyce
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
8bit Geezer wrote:
How well does this play as 2-player using the standard rules? Worth it, or better off sticking to 3+?

Yeah, I'm keen to know if this game works well with 2P.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozgur ozubek
Turkey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bijanajamlou wrote:
not only do opponent merchant require 2 gold if you happen to move to their location but also assistants.

i use to complain that action denial is weak, if it exists at all. However this may be very interesting variant to tweak the game.

players may intentionally leave some assistants in key locations to increase its activation cost, forcing players to consider all other previously weak looking locations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jabagi K
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wintermute wrote:
bijanajamlou wrote:
not only do opponent merchant require 2 gold if you happen to move to their location but also assistants.

i use to complain that action denial is weak, if it exists at all. However this may be very interesting variant to tweak the game.

players may intentionally leave some assistants in key locations to increase its activation cost, forcing players to consider all other previously weak looking locations.

How about 2 gold for merchants and 1 gold for assistants? Let's try it like that on Thursday
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bijan Ajamlou
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It makes the game fel like the arcade snake the boardgame
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jflartner
United States
Conshohocken
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lordsplodge wrote:
8bit Geezer wrote:

Yeah, I'm keen to know if this game works well with 2P.

The variants listed in the OP sound pretty interesting, but the game plays EXCELLENTLY with 2p out of the box.

Note: I've played 3 times total, all with my wife.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.