Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) – Forgotten Souls» Forums » General

Subject: Availability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Staffeldt
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
Anyone know of the availability of this kit? I found one place to order it from in Australia but wanted to try to find something closer to home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that it's painful to wait, but I would suggest waiting until they are officially available as print on demand from FFG. Rumors on BGG have suggested July. I think that FFG wants to give these kits adequate time to work as the game store exclusive marketing tools that they were promised to be. I would suggest that it's unscrupulous for game stores to sell their kits while they are scarce, essentially undermining the whole purpose of the kits to draw new players into the store and into Descent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
staffell wrote:
Anyone know of the availability of this kit? I found one place to order it from in Australia but wanted to try to find something closer to home.

Where?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Bishop
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KenToad wrote:
I would suggest that it's unscrupulous for game stores to sell their kits while they are scarce, essentially undermining the whole purpose of the kits to draw new players into the store and into Descent.

The counter to which being, many stores don't have much interest in drawing Descent players into their store, where they'll just take up a table that could be making real money with Magic instead. I have found these store owners are more than happy to order the kits (which they would not otherwise buy) to sell to you for a small profit though, that's how I got my personal copy.

And if you can't wait for the eventual retail release, or you want the exclusive acrylic pieces, there's someone here on BGG with a copy to trade or sell whistle ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone any experience how good the availability of PoDs in Germany is?
I'm especially interestet in the english version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Dirk The Bear
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one copy that I'm willing to part with. I paid 41 EUR for it and I would sell it for the same amount - I'm not interested in ripping off fellow Descent fans ;-)

I live in Vienna, Austria, so postage may vary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.