Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
The four players were Ashton, Darren Steven and myself.

I went first and my civilization possessed Military and Agriculture. Ashton was second with Specialization and Mountaineering. Darren moved third with Port Building and Messages, while Steven was last with Port Building and Astronomy.

Ashton acquired 13 points on turn 1 and another 16 points on turn 2, setting himself up as the leader. After two turns, the leader board revealed the following:

Ashton 29, Steven 20, Darren 17, Jerry 16

Ashton and Steven both went into decline on turn 3, with Ashton grabbing Weapons and Rebirth, while Steven scooped Slavery and Fortification.

Turn 3 cumulative totals:

Ashton 44, Jerry 32, Darren 31, Steven 28

I opted to go into decline on turn 4, grabbing the Field General and Mining abilities.

Ashton forfeited the lead to Steven following the fifth turn:

Steven 58, Ashton 56, Jerry 49, Darren 40

Darren opted to go into decline, grabbing Livestock and Specialization. During turn 6, I managed to establish a nice mining network, which continued to yield points many turns into the future.

In turn 8, Steven moved last and had the choice of who to attack. Fortunately for me, any attack against me would have put him next to his declining empire, which is not allowed. He therefore took several territories from Ashton.

I had no tokens with which to expand. However, the Field General continued to give me 7 new tokens each turn to attack my opponents. I was able to take two territories from Steven even though I could not retain a presence in them. Darren, meanwhile, was milking his Livestock ability and gained another 17 points.

Finals: Jerry 87, Steven 85, Darren 82, Ashton 80

Ratings: Ashton 8, Steven 7.5, Darren 7, Jerry 7

The Field General is a formidable power. He gives you 7 extra tokens each turn. You must remove 7 tokens before assessing your points, but it still allows for enormous expansion and the ability to take territories away from your opponents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.