Uncharted: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Few Questions on Discard and Damage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Partridge
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
1) Say I have 3 blue cards in front of me, and I want to play a 4th, do I play the 4th card and discard one of the others for one action. Or does discarding a card in front of you cost one action?

2) There's a blue card that whenever you rest it, you can discard one card in front of you to draw 2 cards. Could I rest and discard that same card? I'll find the card name when I get home.

3) When the sniper enters the board, he does 2 damage to current player. I assume you can't block this by resting two cards since it isn't the damage phase. But I just wanted to verify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Astrojack83 wrote:
1) Say I have 3 blue cards in front of me, and I want to play a 4th, do I play the 4th card and discard one of the others for one action. Or does discarding a card in front of you cost one action?

2) There's a blue card that whenever you rest it, you can discard one card in front of you to draw 2 cards. Could I rest and discard that same card? I'll find the card name when I get home.

3) When the sniper enters the board, he does 2 damage to current player. I assume you can't block this by resting two cards since it isn't the damage phase. But I just wanted to verify.

1) Play the 4th card and discard one of the others for one action.

2) Yes.

3) Correct, unless you have a card which specifically blocks damage, like Cover (sp?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Partridge
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Thanks for the reply. Glad to know I was playing correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Briand
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
Astrojack83 wrote:

3) Correct, unless you have a card which specifically blocks damage, like Cover (sp?).

According to what I just learned, only the second effect on Francis Drake's Diary has the ability to do this. Cover gives you 3DP for the price of resting itself during the Damage Phase of a Round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.