6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Help find a good 2 player game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Mazurek

Florida
msg tools
So I have two good friends but one hates bored games and myself and my other friend love them. We have tried Mage Wars (which turned bad because the game takes way too long), but besides that we can't seem to find a great two player board game. I want to get into games like Settlers of Caatan (sorry if not spelled correctly) but it requires multiple people. So any suggestions of good, 2 player, board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Morgan
United States
Freedom
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
babel by zman games. its a very under rated game. cheap price tag and aggressive game play. pretty okay art too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Schmoll
United States
Raleigh
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you liked the concept and style of Mage Wars, but the issue was game length, check out Summoner Wars or the Summoner Wars Master Set.

It gives you that stratego-esque style of moving cards and attacking and trying to take out the other magic leader, but moves much quicker and is less complicated, meaning that people who may not be inclined to love complicated board games could still enjoy it.

It's also very easy to learn and play, and there are many different factions/races to choose from to give you some variety. Your non-game friend would have a shot at enjoying it, but if your other friend enjoyed Mage Wars except for the time issue, it seems like a simple choice to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Vallerand
Canada
St-Basile-Le-Grand
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you'd like the resource management of Catan, Targi is a great, great game for two.

Aside from that, there are awesome 2P games, if you'd point out the kind of games you and your Partner prefer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mazurek

Florida
msg tools
We play warhammer (40k and fantasy), Star Wars x-wing Miniatures, waiting for D&D attack wing, we play munchkin (when we can get multiple people), love cards against humanity (see munchkin note), enjoyed Smash up, liked king of tokyo, and smallworld. I had to look through my game graveyard for a moment lol. Oh and trading card games Yugioh, Pokemon, Mtg (didn't care for it) and Spoils (like it much better then MTG). With one person not liking bored games it has become obvious that I have spent money in the wrong things. Now I would get another person to play but the guy is my best friend and I don't want to exclude him. We are also avid role players involved in a pathfinder game currently (if that helps narrow things down).

What I am looking for:
- 2 player game (either co-op or competitive.)
- Nothing Scifi or steam punk themed.
- Nothing really Collectible (we have enough of those currently lol)
- Something with Dynamic game play. So it isn't the same game time and again just different results based on dice rolls or other luck based mechanism.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Dockter
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eldritch Horror might be up your ally. Seems to fit all your chriteria. (edit) While the game isn't specifically meant for just two players, it plays very well with two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.