Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, with the newly spoiled Angel Arena

And Mr Li

It seems we have a few ways to get cards to the bottom of the stack.

Window also lets you draw cards from there.

So, it got me thinking - is it possible to 'stack your stack' in such a way than you can pull cards from underneath to load up your perfect Grip? Or maybe you put contigency cards down there to help you out in a pinch (need your Plascrete in a hurry maybe?)

Basically I'm just spitballing and trying to find some decent uses for Window what I'd really like to see is a card that lets you put a card FROM YOUR GRIP to the bottom of your stack. You could hide something away to protect it from damage, then pull it back out when you need it.

Alernatively, I can see some interesting uses for Angel Arena without Window:

Eureka!
Avoiding wasted clicks drawing at a crucial time (assuming you set up Angel Arena earlier when you had breathing room). You can look at your top card, if you don't want it, bury it. Repeat until you find a card you want to draw or run out of counters.
Oracle May sort-of-combo - make sure you know what's on top (or as above, but with a small reimbursement from May).

Any other creative uses?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Cain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of being able to put cards away for the future, but I'd much rather just have a larger hand size so that I can just draw everything up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Window is simply the answer to Will-o'-the-Wisp, which will likely be a prevalent card in a couple months. They just happened to print the solution before the problem. If you're trying to combo Window with Mr. Li and/or Angel Arena then I think you're probably putting more effort into card draw manipulation than it warrants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mb
I'm just happy with a low cost/low influence way to utilize Oracle May that can be sold to Aesop's Pawnshop when it is no longer useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
Bedford
NH
flag msg tools
I really need a new badge, avatar, and overtext. GM me with any ideas....
badge
This is the seahorse valley
mb
Spend a click, card, and X creds now to make X creds over the next X turns utilizing Oracle May. Get a 3 cred boost from Aesop's. Doesn't really seem worth it to me. Especially since you could play motivation for the same result and double the profit with no time limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott West
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmb
To me, the obvious use for Window is to keep something on top of your deck for use with Eureka or timing a draw with Oracle May, while still being able to get more cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Higgs Brozo
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
I've tried it out in Anarch, in combination with Mr. Li.

Anarch has a lot of "do this, then that" kind of plays, and getting "this" first (which Mr. Li helps with) and being able to get "that" later (which Window helps with) is tempting.

The deck really didn't work, that well, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
HiggsBrozo wrote:
I've tried it out in Anarch, in combination with Mr. Li.

Anarch has a lot of "do this, then that" kind of plays, and getting "this" first (which Mr. Li helps with) and being able to get "that" later (which Window helps with) is tempting.

The deck really didn't work, that well, though.

Shame it didn't work, but points (and thumbs) for trying out something a little different

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
wedgeex wrote:
I'm just happy with a low cost/low influence way to utilize Oracle May that can be sold to Aesop's Pawnshop when it is no longer useful.

I'm liking Angel Arena with Eureka deck more than with Oracle May. If you fire Eureka into it, you get 10 counters plus any you're willing to pay for. On future turns you can filter your draws, including possibly finding/setting up another Eureka.

And, of course, if you leave a counter on it you can sell it to Aesop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
lactamaeon wrote:

I'm liking Angel Arena with Eureka deck more than with Oracle May. If you fire Eureka into it, you get 10 counters plus any you're willing to pay for.

Huh. That's... an interesting notion. I'm not 100% on if the rules support that or not, but it's worth considering. You can be damned sure that's a rules question I'll be submitting!

Does anyone know if FFG will answer rules questions on Lunar cards that are available through Overdrive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric Bertolini
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
lactamaeon wrote:

I'm liking Angel Arena with Eureka deck more than with Oracle May. If you fire Eureka into it, you get 10 counters plus any you're willing to pay for.

Huh. That's... an interesting notion. I'm not 100% on if the rules support that or not, but it's worth considering. You can be damned sure that's a rules question I'll be submitting!

Does anyone know if FFG will answer rules questions on Lunar cards that are available through Overdrive?

There's no need for clarification. Eureka lowers the install cost by 10. Angel Arena has a variable install cost of X. Set X to 10 and pay 0 with Eureka. It works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:

Lukas knows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Spiekerman
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like Window would not be a terrible splash into a deck that was already running Motivation for whatever reason (motivation?). Together with Motivation it could act like a 1.5 Mr. Li. That is, you get to see the top card, and can choose either it or a mystery card from the bottom of your deck. It could make your draws a little more efficient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
etherial wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:

Lukas knows.

Lukas just answered a question about Hostile Infrastructure, but it's possible that its just because I'm a friendly guy. YMMV

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.