Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, after many requests, I've decided to share my deck.

Atypical criminal deck running a big rig. Started out as a fun experiment to build a criminal deck that didn't use the standard anarch breakers. After countless iterations, it ended up pretty good and won me a tournament

------------

Ken the Big Rig Driver

Ken "Express" Tenma: Disappeared Clone (Honor and Profit)

Event (17)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Quality Time (Humanity's Shadow) •••
3x Special Order (Core Set)
2x Stimhack (Core Set) ••
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (9)
2x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) ••••
3x Desperado (Core Set)
2x e3 Feedback Implants (Trace Amount)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (5)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
2x Security Testing (Honor and Profit)

Icebreaker (6)
3x Faerie (Future Proof)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
1x Morning Star (What Lies Ahead) ••••
1x Torch (Mala Tempora) ••••

Program (8)
3x Crescentus (A Study in Static)
2x Grappling Hook (Honor and Profit)
3x Savoir-faire (Double Time)

17 influence spent (max 17)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Honor and Profit

Decklist published on http://netrunnerdb.com.

http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/5803/ken-the-big-rig-driv...

------------

The deck revolves around installing your rig as fast as possible. Preferably, the first one you should install is Morning Star, followed by Torch. You have multiple tools to do so: Stimhack + Savoir-Faire/Clone chip, Siphon money, or even Dirty Laundry + Security testing. The preferred way is to Stimhack+Savoir-Faire, although don't tunnel vision on that and be afraid to hard-cast your Morning star.

Once you're set-up, you're pretty much unstoppable. You will win by run volume, rather than run quality. This puts a lot of pressure on the corp because cards like Ash and Caprice are not all that taxing. Security testing will be your long-term source of income, although once you're set up, you need very little money to make runs.

Crescentus is a key insight for this deck in favor of Emergency shutdown. Even though runs are very cheap for the big rig, there are always the occasional annoying ices that cost a bit too much (ie. 4+ credits). Common examples include: Grim, Ichi, Archer, Janus, Tollbooth. For sentries, the standard way to deal with them is Faerie, but it is a one-shot process, therefore you need Crescentus to lock it down. For Tollbooth, Torch costs 5 creds which is acceptable to pay one time, therefore you want to derez it after you pay that. Crescentus also combos really well with Savoir-Faire.

The other weakness is big barriers that Morning star can't deal with. To solve this issue, I use a combo of Crescentus + Grappling Hook + E3. Against Bioroid ices, just E3 is needed. The most annoying ones are the Weyland barriers where you need the full combo. Thankfully, those are not rezzed that often, although with Oversight AI they could be annoying (but then you don't need Crescentus).

Quality time is another really important card to draw into your rig quickly. You can also discard breakers to activate Clone chip + Stimhack, although that's not the preferable way to get them into play. It's better to keep Clone chip in case your rig gets trashed (usually this only happens through AggSec, since destroyers are not a big issue), or to recur Crescentus/Grappling hook. Clone chip is also useful in case a Stimhack makes you lose a breaker in hand.

The deck is lacking multi-card access. Those would definitely be appreciated but not necessary. Probably the most viable is Legwork since it doesn't cost any influence. More experimentation is needed to determine what can be cut for it.

Here's a video of the deck in action:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nice to see something a little different (and always happy to see Morning Star getting some love )

One thing I must ask - you mentioned in the post that you win through run volume. That being the case, why Desperado over Doppelganger? Is the extra credit per run more valuable than the extra run per turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
Nice to see something a little different (and always happy to see Morning Star getting some love )

One thing I must ask - you mentioned in the post that you win through run volume. That being the case, why Desperado over Doppelganger? Is the extra credit per run more valuable than the extra run per turn?

To be honest, I haven't tried Doppelganger in this deck yet. But to me Desperado is the best console of the game so I just assumed I needed it.

Early on you still need money to get going. Desperado helps a lot because you're going to be using dirty landry and security testing. Also Desperado essentially reduces the trash cost of installed assets by 1, which is going to be your main money sink once you get going.

It's worth a shot though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interesting deck, I would hate to play against this with my Weyland program-trashing deck.

How do you modify your playstyle/deck against net damage Jinteki?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
Zebadiah wrote:
Very interesting deck, I would hate to play against this with my Weyland program-trashing deck.

How do you modify your playstyle/deck against net damage Jinteki?

My deck has enough recursion to deal with net damage on programs. In general, Crescentus+Faerie is a massive counter to key Jinteki ices like Tsurugi or Komainu. Torch deals with Inazuma really well. And as a backup you got Grappling hook for all these.

One possible scenario is to run out of cards due to Quality Time. You have to be careful and not play cards like Dirty laundry or Sure gamble needlessly. Do use Siphon profusely to keep the corp poor so Snares can't be activated

In general, you want to play slower since Jinteki is not that fast anyway. Don't waste your cards and setup your rig normally, it shouldn't be an issue at all. Siphon always and repeatedly is the key
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.