Brazil
Curitiba
PR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Villain: Apostate, advanced mode.
Ambient: Rook City
Heroes: Mr. Fixer, Nightmist, Fanatic and Haka.

First time playing against Apostate, I decided to choose Fanatic for a more thematic battle.

After one hour of battle, only Fanatic was fighting and she had her special armor "Aegis of Ressurection" in play. Also, one of Mr. Fixer's knockdown powers is to retrieve an equipment card from the trash and put into play.

Cards in Play for Fanatic: Aegis of Ressurection:

Mr. Fixer's knockdown abilities:

So, this is a very powerful combo: when Fanatic was defeat, she ressurected and the armor had to go to the trash. But then, Mr. Fixer power brought the armor back into play.

This is good, right? Problably yes, but Fanatic wasn't hitting hard enough to defeat Apostate (who was recovering 6 HP per turn). And Apostate also could not defeat Fanatic two times in a turn to win the battle mostly because Zealous Offense was in play, so I could stop the attacks of two villain targets.

Cards in play for Fanatic: Zealous Offense:

After two hours I decided to stop the game because I wasn't going anywhere. I know that some combination of cards could have ended the game for the heroes or the Apostate but I was already tired. I didn't mind about that because it was really thematic: two Nemesis battling forever.

End of the game:

P.S.: I prefer to use the damage tokens as health points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fbinder wrote:
I didn't mind about that because it was really thematic: two Nemesis battling forever.

That's a great ending!

I've seen sudden reversals many times -- where you're sure you're going to lose and then you suddenly win (or vice versa), but I've never seen your situation before.

Quote:
P.S.: I prefer to use the damage tokens as health points.

That's how I do it too. It's more dramatic to watch the tokens slowly go away. When all the heroes have just one or two left, and the villain still has a big pile of them, it just feels more interesting. I also have a pile of dice that I use for marking hit points on non-character targets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Medina
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Property of LunaClara
badge
Board games rule my life, and my wife's. That is a good thing, believe it or not ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Very similar issue for our game today. The Sentinels, Nightmist and The Scholar agaist Apostate at the Tomb of Anubis.

All three heroes doing great to keep health up while getting the relics down, however at a very slow pace. We did turn Apostate to its second side, and slowly got rid of all the relics, and when it looked we could make it, an Apocalypse card caused two relic spirits to be destroyed putting four relics back into the game. We decided then that it was a stalemate situation and called the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PK WADDLE
United States
Austin
texAS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I honestly would have found a bridge to leap off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PK WADDLE
United States
Austin
texAS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I honestly would have found a bridge to leap off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jumping off a bridge twice? That's dedication.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Flores
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matchstickman wrote:
Jumping off a bridge twice? That's dedication.

PK doesn't do anything half ass or even full ass - it has to be 2x ass!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.