10 Posts

Neuroshima Hex! Sharrash» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules question for Sharrash 3.0 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Veil
Canada
flag msg tools
Hey guys. I'm an avid Hex player, and I'm due to get my copy of Sharrash soon once my order comes in. Now, in the mean time I'm trying to familiarize myself with the rules on the mobile game, but they aren't clear on how the Explosives or Sinkhole effect enemy HQ tiles.

The game shows that enemy HQ tiles are damaged by Explosives and are damaged once every battle by sinkhole (if the HQ is in it). Is all this written in the official rules, or is it a glitch on the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully an admin will move this thread to the Rules forum for Neuroshima Hex! Sharrash since that's what it's about.

At Portal's website you can download the English rules to answer your questions:
http://portalgames.pl/en/neuroshima-hex-sharrash/#Files

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Veil
Canada
flag msg tools
Actually, that's part of the problem. The link leads to a file hosting site that isn't active. There isn't a way for me to download the english rule book as long as it's down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meracanus wrote:
Actually, that's part of the problem. The link leads to a file hosting site that isn't active. There isn't a way for me to download the english rule book as long as it's down.

Hmm, indeed: "This domain name expired on May 06 2014 08:31PM" - quite recent problem, alas!

Well, concisely:
The sinkhole lets you pull an enemy unit onto it. After the next battle, an enemy unit other than HQ on the hole is eliminated.
The explosive will destroy the non-HQ enemy unit at which it points as well as itself at the start of the next battle.
Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Veil
Canada
flag msg tools
russ wrote:
Meracanus wrote:

Well, concisely:
The sinkhole lets you pull an enemy unit onto it. After the next battle, an enemy unit other than HQ on the hole is eliminated.
The explosive will destroy the non-HQ enemy unit at which it points as well as itself at the start of the next battle.
Hope that helps!

That does help a bit, but my question was a bit more specific.

What happens to an enemy HQ if I pull it into sinkhole?

What happens to an enemy HQ if I attach explosives to it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
If portal doesn't care I can upload the rules to this site. In the meantime the rules say that HQs aren't affected in any way by either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Veil
Canada
flag msg tools
allstar64 wrote:
If portal doesn't care I can upload the rules to this site. In the meantime the rules say that HQs aren't affected in any way by either.

Thank you very much. This clarifies the matter perfectly.

I was very confused by the way the iOS game treats those tiles. You see, in the game, Explosives reduce enemy HQ by 1 health, and an enemy HQ pulled into the Sinkhole lose 1 health per battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
By any chance were you fighting against the Dancer army? The rules for tiles like those are different vs the Dancer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Orzechowski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Like J said. It's wrong for most of armies (HQ on sinkhole doesn't receive any wounds, explosives are discarded, but HQ isn't harmed either), but against Dancer these rules are true. Dancer flips entire game upside down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tully elliston
msg tools
Uploading the rulebook here would be excellent -- I just got a polish copy of Sharrash 3.0 and dont understand Polish, bad timing for the English rulebook to go dow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.