Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Pearson
United States
North Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be in Raleigh in a couple weeks for work. Any game stores worth checking out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Lury
United States
Blowing rock
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wargame armory in Cary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danielle Bock
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Atomic Empire in Durham is a definite stop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Schmoll
United States
Raleigh
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Theory over off of Glenwood (near the Crabtree mall) is pretty great. Great space, selection, and group of people that run it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
oiamslain wrote:
I'll be in Raleigh in a couple weeks for work. Any game stores worth checking out?

Atomic Empire in Durham (https://www.atomicempire.com/) has open board gaming time on Monday from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.

Game Theory in Raleigh (http://www.gametheorystore.com/) has board game night on Tuesday from 6-ish until 10-11 p.m.

The Gamer's Armory in Apex (http://www.gamersarmory.com/) has board game night on Wednesday from 6-10 p.m.

Gaming at my house in Apex takes place at irregular times on irregular days...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erica
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most nights at Atomic Empire you can open board game unless some big even is going on. We have been on monday, tuesday, and thursday and have had no problems sitting at a table and playing a game . You can bring your own or they have a bunch of games that you can play. Have Fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Atomic Empire is awesome, worth the drive from Raleigh to check it out. Great selection of games and all discounted (I think ranges from 15-20% off MSRP). Plenty of demo games available to play and table space, and when I was there they said you could pretty much play anytime. They've a concession stand (coffee, snacks, soda), even beer on tap!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pearson
United States
North Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jospanther wrote:
Game Theory over off of Glenwood (near the Crabtree mall) is pretty great. Great space, selection, and group of people that run it.

Nice! I'll be working in the Crabtree Mall for a week. Convenient! Thanks for all the suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Black III
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I hope you're enjoying your stay here.

One last suggestion is a relatively new store in south Raleigh. Event Horizon Games (http://eventhorizongames.com/) has a great board game selection.

But if you're near Crabtree, then Game Theory is a great store and not far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Davis
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Atomic Empire (in Durham) is the largest store in the Triangle. It is the size of a big box store, similar to Best Buy. They have a wide range of boardgames, card games and minis games. They also sell gaming accessories and apparel. The best part, AE carries an excellent selection of micro brews and other beer on tap and in bottle. They serve beer until 10PM, and the store closes at midnight most nights. Every day, AE's large play space is filled with gamers. AE is literally the mecca of game stores in NC.

Gamer's Armory (in Cary) is also an excellent store, located near Cary Town Center. They have a good selection of boardgames and minis games. They are also one of the few NC stockists for wargames, such as MMP and Clash of Arms boardgames. The game space is plentiful. GA is a family-friendly store and does an excellent job promoting and supporting local events.

Game Theory (in Raleigh) has a wide selection of boardgames and card games. GT also sells and promotes War Machine. GT has very active Magic and Yugioh scenes. Every day, Magic and other card gamers pack the store. The rest of the gaming at GT is not quite as active, but game groups of all kinds can be found every day of the week. A solid game store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.