Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonas Kissling
Switzerland
Olten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://ortusregni.com/index.php/blog

I know, until now we don't have any rulebook and we don't know how the game plays. The updates until now were very vage about that.

But IF there is a game behind all the cards and its any good, I will back Ortus Regni for sure! The artwork is so great!

I hope they know what they are doing with the planned app. There have been many other projects who couldn't hold up with their plans ...

we have to wait another week for more details.

We'll see

Cheers, J

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric G
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules have just been posted in update 9. If you click on the "tools" button on the top right corner you can download a PDF version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Kissling
Switzerland
Olten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow what a heavy rulebook ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diggì
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I do translate rules!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonas21 wrote:

Yes, but that's the first feeling, I think. I just printed it, and I found a couple of white pages and three or four pages with a diagram only. So, I'm not saying it's a "few lines rulebook", but not even "War and Peace" ^___*

Cheers,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hulgan
United States
Tucker
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonas21 wrote:

I just finished reading it and… I think I might understand it? I think the book will be good or reference since theres a lot of redundancy (in a good way).

I wish it had something like a quick start guide. You know- something that covers the "high level rules" and leaves out all the caveats that are covered in the 48 page book. There's a lot of times in the rules when it says, "this happens except if this *jargon* is present then…"

This seems like a game that will benefit from a very clear gameplay video.

I really like the idea of each player having the same 90 cards and paring that down to 24. I think the Viking army is pretty interesting and I like the fact that there are several ways to mess with an opponent.

I HOPE that the lack of text on the cards is not an insurmountable hurdle for teaching new players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Kissling
Switzerland
Olten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the middle of it right now. I think I will read it a second time.

Yes, I would like also to watch a Gameplay-Video ... Since they already are done with the game, as i understand it, they should have time during the kickstarter to produce such a video.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.