Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: I Like What I'm Seeing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]


The Full About maneuver template is going to be available to everyone, not just OP participants. I like this a lot. It seems to signal that Wizkids is willing make OP stuff available, in at least some form, to the general public. Now I think we have a legitimate shot at seeing some of the OP ships with alternate names/abilities/crew.

Kudos and thank you Wizkids!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion yet, though I suppose that does basically mean the interceptor is a "retail release" of the skilled helmsman.

I think it would be a good idea to make these sorts of things ultimately available to everyone, but I'm not sure I see them doing it. Basically reusing a resource maneuver template for an upgrade on one ship is probably a bit different than them giving in and making retail releases of the truly unique things (e.g., flagships, fighters, etc).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm more interested in the reminder token with the Captain Skill 10 on it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Midwest Razorback wrote:


The Full About maneuver template is going to be available to everyone, not just OP participants. I like this a lot. It seems to signal that Wizkids is willing make OP stuff available, in at least some form, to the general public. Now I think we have a legitimate shot at seeing some of the OP ships with alternate names/abilities/crew.

Kudos and thank you Wizkids!


YES, there it is right there the Full About Maneuver retail release.

Good to see it in there, I do have to wonder if we might see it creep into the STAW Starter at some point.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yourmonkey06 wrote:
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion yet, though I suppose that does basically mean the interceptor is a "retail release" of the skilled helmsman.

I think it would be a good idea to make these sorts of things ultimately available to everyone, but I'm not sure I see them doing it. Basically reusing a resource maneuver template for an upgrade on one ship is probably a bit different than them giving in and making retail releases of the truly unique things (e.g., flagships, fighters, etc).


You might be right, but I think it makes a lot of sense for them to use the same sculpt of a ship used as an LE, but give it a different set of cards. They preserve the LE ship, but they show some love for those folks who don't play in tournaments (or have the extra cash for e-bay).

The Stargazer has been revealed to be an OP LE prize. Great. But they can use the same sculpt to give us the Hathaway. Just makes sense to me.

Up to this point, there was absolutely no indication they would take an OP item and make it available in some form to the general public. Now there is hope.

At any rate, we've seen the game designers read the boards and are receptive to feedback and honest critiques. If enough of us clamor for the OP stuff, we might eventually see it released in some form.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
I'm more interested in the reminder token with the Captain Skill 10 on it.


That goes with the Phaser Strike upgrade. You can (optionally) fire as though you were Skill 10.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lars mallach
msg tools
mbmb
You guys seem to be forgetting the colored bases now for retail.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
agntorenge wrote:
You guys seem to be forgetting the colored bases now for retail.


Yep. Sure did.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Ting
Australia
flag msg tools
Wouldn't you still need the Skilled Helmsman resource card to use it on another ship?

Granted that can be easily printed, but for tournament play I don't see this as making any difference?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John S.
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, just in case you weren't aware, the Fed and Dominion fighters are coming as retail releases.

It wouldn't surprise me to see other bits of the OP participation prizes start to trickle out as accessories.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.