United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/19/common-core-gay_n_5...

Sigh, oh Florida. Your Cadillac has got a wheel in the ditch and a wheel on the track.

Quote:
State Rep. Charles Van Zant (R) said the American Institutes for Research, which has been assigned to develop Common Core-based tests for Florida, "are promoting as hard as they can, any youth that is interested in the LGBT agenda."

"These people that will now receive $220 million from the state of Florida, unless this is stopped, will promote double-mindedness in state education and will attract every one of your children to become as homosexual as they possibly can," Van Zant said.

Van Zant concluded by telling the crowd, "I’m sorry to report that to you ... I really hate to believe that news, but you need to know."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please don't share one of the gay-making story problems... please don't share one of the gay-making story problems...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
"SOURCE INVALID! RAR! RAR! RAR!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
children to become as homosexual as they possibly can

Not sure exactly what he means by that.

Is he saying that kids will not just become gay, but extra gay?

Or maybe that Common Core recognises that some kids might stop at a spot of mutual masturbation and for them that is as homosexual as they can possibly go?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In fairness, this isn't about Common Core (at least not explicitly) but about the agency that has been awarded a nine-figure government grant to implement it.

If I learned that an organization with a strong political agenda to teach kids something I opposed had been given a public education grant in Massachusetts I'd at least want to know more.

That's about as far as I can go on the "let's be fair to this guy" train, though. He's still worried about gay recruitment and the gay agenda, and as far as I can tell, this is the page that has him so upset. Yes, they embrace the full alphabet of letters people self-identify with, but I don't see how he gets from this to his claims that they are out to make kids as gay as they can. (Never mind what that even would mean.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Moses II
United States
Hixson
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

"Nobody is ready for Paranoid Park"

No wait, that's Gus Van Sant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andyl wrote:
Quote:
children to become as homosexual as they possibly can

Not sure exactly what he means by that.

Is he saying that kids will not just become gay, but extra gay?

Or maybe that Common Core recognises that some kids might stop at a spot of mutual masturbation and for them that is as homosexual as they can possibly go?
A Gay hole from which even John Wayne could not escape?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean my English is bad, but this person is supposed to be the brightest and the best. If this is an example of the highest and best Florida's education can achieve I think they need better standard now. I have never seen a better advert for properly supervised curriculum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
Please don't share one of the gay-making story problems... please don't share one of the gay-making story problems...

If six pairs of married homosexuals adopt 3 children each, how many children are moved from foster homes and orphanages into loving homes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Common Core will make your kids gay because it is:

FABULOUS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

If six pairs of married homosexuals adopt 3 children each, how many children are moved from foster homes and orphanages into loving homes?
GAY LOVE!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italian Seismologist
United Kingdom
norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
[The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was not convincing people he didn't exist, but convincing them that he was God.
mbmbmbmbmb
points for the neil young lyrics

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

Oops... you said don't share. Sorry I made you gay (usually it requires meeting me in real life).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Sigh, oh Puffington Host. Your "GOP Lawmaker Strategy" is so transparent.

Did Slate do a similar review of The Blaze or The Daily Caller on "Democratic lawmaker"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

Oops... you said don't share. Sorry I made you gay (usually it requires meeting me in real life).

None, homosexuals can't get married.

Correct! Because we're years behind!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Graning
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just read that Glenn Beck is writing a book on The Common Core. So everything will be clear as mud soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.