Hide
2 Posts

Cosmic Encounter» Forums » Rules

Subject: Loss of Power and Steal/Swap rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mrbauble mrabuble
msg tools
Had an odd interaction the other day. I'll just describe the situation. I've searched through the Cosmodex for an answer, but couldn't seem to find anything about loss of power and steal/swapping them.

Chosen (PlayerA) is offense.
He draws purple (magician that has lost their power from too few home colonies; PlayerB)
This triggers a hazard warning drawing Psychic Switcheroo.

So what happens? My playgroup had two arguments as to what would happen.

Option 1
One side stated that the two powers would swap. PlayerA becoming the magician and as he had 3 home colonies in his home system, would retain the magician's power (despite the fact that PlayerB didn't 'have' that power). PlayerB would become Chosen and then, seeing he doesn't have enough home system colonies, would go dormant and lose his powers.

Option 2
The other said that PlayerA would gain PlayerB's 'no power' and PlayerB would gain Chosen's power. PlayerB would be able to use Chosen power (even though they don't have the required home colonies).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
Option 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.