Subject: Companion/Co-op Interaction for storytelling variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Had some other mess written out(a whole pvp roleplaying conversion) and realized it was so after playing the game properly (i.e Arabian music in the background and slight improv story telling)

Otherwise I thought it might be interesting to keep this aspect of it around for future games. Pretty much only work with some sort of personal improv to portray how a scenario could incorporate multiple players.

Companion/teaming up
When player's land on the same location they may choose to travel together. This will allow player's to team up in the pvp phase (using skills/items/etc.) both player's will be allowed to collaborate on story scenarios (using skills when needed) The player's will move together on the turn of the following player. They will use this player's turn to move until they split up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dug fromthearth
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
do they get the same rewards?

what do you do if the reward is a specific treasure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. Caro
United States
flag msg tools
...a hand to hold onto.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anjovi154 wrote:

Companion/teaming up
When players land on the same location, they may choose to travel together. This will allow players to team up in the pvp phase (using skills/items/etc.) both players will be allowed to collaborate on story scenarios (using skills when needed) The players will move together on the turn of the following player. They will use this player's turn to move until they split up.[/b]

I wanted to make a thread about this because I had been thinking about it for quite some time. I find it unnecessary though because there's already a topic about it (even though it's really old).

I think it would be good to first clarify the quoted rule a little. When a player ends their turn on the same city/wilderness/ocean (etc) space, they may choose to offer a partnership. If the other player accepts, bound movement (i.e. moving together) will occur on the next player's turn. The next player becomes the active player.

Here's my two cents.

Destination must be determined immediately upon agreeing to partnership. It cannot be changed unless/until it is reached. Route of travel may vary.

Partnership must last a minimum of two turns, enough for both players to become the active player.

The active player would determine the following: route of travel, treasure gathering and destiny/story distribution. If only one treasure or a unique treasure is obtained it defaults to the active player. Destiny and story points must always be shared. Skills obtained by the active player are not shared.

When it is the next partner player's turn, they become the active player. The same rules apply. At the end of the second partner player's turn, they may choose to dissolve the partnership. If they do not, partnership continues as normal each player acting as an active player on their turn until at the end of an active player's turn they choose to disband.

Each player in the partnership gains Benevolent status upon disbanding. This status is effective on the next player's turn and only lasts one turn.

Benevolent
There are rumors in the neighboring towns of your good deeds. You are thought of fondly by others.
Effect:
Ignore negative effects from an Encounter.
To lose:
End your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.