msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi! this is a basic doubt:

we supose there is a alien with this behaviour:

{0} attack with melee weapon and move away 1 area

{1} attack twice with range weapon

{2} dance a striptease

questions:
a) if the alien is adjacent to one agent, but the most wounded agent is within 1 area (and with LOS to him), does the alien choice the {0} behaviour?

b) if behaviour {0} was "attack with range weapon", should the alien attack the most wounded, and ignore the adjacent agent?

c) if the alien is within 1 area from one agent (just for {1} behaviour), but the most wounded agent is 2 areas away. does the alien attack to the closer agent (1 area), or the most wounded (2 areas). or dance a striptease?

thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aliens always perform the first possible attack listed. So

a) it chooses the {0} behaviour

b) he should still stick to the agent at range {0}

c) attack the agent at {1}
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Essentially, when the AI specifies the "most wounded agent" or similar, it effectively means "the most wounded agent within {X} range". So although there is a more wounded agent at a further range, the alien still targets the closer agent because they are the most wounded within that range.

If that makes any sense (I feel like my wording is unnecessarily roundabout today). "Most wounded agent" is really just a filter for applying the targeting logic when there are two or more valid targets at the given range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
calpurnio pison

rafelbunyol
valencia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks to all two.

i've play two first missions as you said, but at 3rd mission... this doubt was raised, and because that behaviour is even more wicked, i applied in some activations. consequence: 4 agents dead, one survivor... whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.