Arne Kaiser
Switzerland
Z├╝rich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one list I am considering for OP6:

Admiral's Order: United Force (0)

Resource: Flagship Independent (Dominion) (10)

I.R.W. Valdore (30)
Valdore (3)
Romulan Pilot (2)
Nuclear Warhead (3)
Ship SP: 38

Valdore (28)
Toreth (4)
Bochra (1)
Parem (1)
Ship SP: 34

R.I.S. Vo (16)
Donatra (4)
Flagship (0)
Plasma Torpedoes (5)
Cloaked Mines (3)
Ship SP: 28

Total Build SP: 110

Generated by STAW Builder
http://www.dracossoftware.com/STAWHome.html

The idea is that the flagship extra move would send the unnamed Valdore towards DS9 to drop off Parem and Bochra in turn 1, and then support the IRW Valdore until my force can recombine. The mines would be dropped to either hinder an all-out attack or to make the dead angle between two DS9 pilons more dangerous.

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Romer
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's nice, but I'm always hesitant to use the Vo because it can't lay in much support fire very easily should one of your other ships get destroyed. I really like having a fairly even spread of damage potential on my ships.

Here's what I ran for OP 6 and it did very well. I cam in third at one venue going 2-1 because I made some mistakes in piloting. I came in second at another venue going 2-0-1 (the 1 is a bye). The fleet was very competitive against all kinds of different builds.

Admiral's Order: United Force (0)

Resource: Command Tokens (5)

Valdore (28)
Toreth (4)
Tactical Officer (3)
Ship SP: 35

Valdore (28)
Donatra (4)
Tactical Officer (3)
Bochra (1)
Ship SP: 36

Valdore (28)
Valdore (3)
Tactical Officer (3)
Ship SP: 34

Generated by STAW Builder
http://www.dracossoftware.com/STAWHome.html

Bochra was on board just to take DS 9 if the other side didn't show initial interest. Otherwise I flew straight at DS9 and destroyed it immediately to open up the board allowing me to use the Romulan's maneuverability. Then I would split of my fleet instead of flying in formation in order to divide their fire. This worked out well as it allowed me to use Valdore's power pretty regularly. Then, target lock plus TOs dealt a ton of damage (especially with the additional re-roll of a single die from UF). The key with this build was NOT to stay together. Use sensor echo to try and flank the opponent on multiple sides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tsuk
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I won OP6 with the build below. The Romulan Flagship re-roll ability is quite powerful and the cloaked mines can help you avoid getting outflanked.

R.I.S. Vo (16)
Flagship: Romulan (10)
Donatra (4)
Cloaked Mines (3)
Total (33)

I.R.W. Khazara (30)
Mirok (2)
Cloaked Mines (3)
Total (35)

I.R.W. Valdore (30)
Tomalak (2)
Total (32)

Fleet total: 100

Generated by Space Dock for Mac
http://spacedockapp.org

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually won an OP6, capping off an overall win for the Dominion War storyline, with a faction-pure Romulan list:

Quote:
AO: United Force (0)

PWB Aj'Rmr (30)
Donatra (4)
Flagship-Romulan (10)
All Forward Disruptor Banks (4)
Centurion (4)
Varel (10) UF:0
Interphase Generator (3)

IRW Khazara
Letant (4)
Counter Attack (3)
Parem (1)
Additional Weapons Array (4)
Interphase Generator (3)

...and, yeah, Parem taking DS9 ended up making a BIG difference a few times. The Centurion stacked with Varel also helped me survived a close-range pass with a Dominion Battleship. 'All forward disruptor banks' got used fairly infrequently, so I'm not sure on the value of that. But IG on both ships absolutely saved their bacon a few times. And, actually, 'Counter Attack' on Letant got used a LOT early on. With the ships flying in close formation, Letant could pop 'counter attack' and virtually guarantee two attacks (the enemy was incredibly reluctant to attack the Aj'Rmr, due to all the attack-cancellation stuff it carried). And since the Khazara's +1 from attacking under cloak AND Donatra's +1 from being in range 1 apply to both attacks (with the flagship granting re-rolls), those tended to be some very accurately placed return shots.

Now, that said, I don't think this list would survive in the current meta. The last OP6 our area played was a month or so before the Borg arrived. A dual-sphere list would cut this one to pieces...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've won 2 OP6s using a similar build to Xander. Mine was:

Resource: Flagship Romulan (10)

I.R.W. Khazara (30)
Toreth (4)
Massacre (3)
Bochra (1)
Parem (1)
Additional Weapons Array (4)
Interphase Generator (3)
Ship SP: 46

P.W.B. Aj'Rmr (30)
Letant (4)
Flagship (0)
Varel (10)
Centurion (4)
Nuclear Warhead (3)
Cloaked Mines (3)
Ship SP: 54

The Cloaked Mines are very useful in shepherding my opponents towards DS9. Bochra and Parem were there in case of last-ditch attempt at DS9. Varel and Centurion were just a god-send, as are those rerolls. I do thing the Warhead was a waste though - I think I used it twice and never really landed any hits off it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For all of the points you are putting into that Vo Flagship you could put Donatra on the Khazara which gives you more shields and hull for only 1 less defense die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
what card is missile launcers? I don't have these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Troll66 wrote:
what card is missile launcers? I don't have these.

Missile Launchers were from the Ferengi prize ship from Month 1 of the Dominion War.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Romulans need more love

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.