Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Powell
Ukraine
Berdyansk
flag msg tools
badge
I'm in my prime.
mb
Can I use Setsuki's Double-Take to play Combos are Hard twice?

Combos are hard says, "If this is the only action you play this turn. . .", so I couldn't decide if the text on Double-take trumps the text on Combos are Hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
This space intentionally left blank.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Midori's Double Take + Combos are Hard
No, Combos Are Hard has to be the only action. If you use it with Double-Take (which is Setsuki's, by the way), it just doesn't do anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Powell
Ukraine
Berdyansk
flag msg tools
badge
I'm in my prime.
mb
vyran wrote:
No, Combos Are Hard has to be the only action. If you use it with Double-Take (which is Setsuki's, by the way), it just doesn't do anything.

Thanks for the answer and the correction. My nine-year old was playing Setsuki and figured out that combination. I thought it was probably illegal, but since it was her first game and she figured it out herself, I let her go ahead and do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
This space intentionally left blank.
mbmbmbmbmb
This page was pretty helpful to me when I started playing the game. It mentions little details about every one of the chips, including character chips. It doesn't cover your question about Combos Are Hard, but it might save you some trouble in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Powell
Ukraine
Berdyansk
flag msg tools
badge
I'm in my prime.
mb
vyran wrote:
This page was pretty helpful to me when I started playing the game. It mentions little details about every one of the chips, including character chips. It doesn't cover your question about Combos Are Hard, but it might save you some trouble in the future.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apollo Andy
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you can actually use Double Take on Combos are Hard. It's just that each play of CaH is NOT the only action of the turn and therefore doesn't do anything. You then trash the CaH and end your action phase. So probably not a good idea, but also not illegal and possibly beneficial in some super-duper edge case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.