Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Sinkovits
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that this is only a board game and not everything is going to thematically translate to real life, but it strikes me odd that your rockets speed would be variable, (depending on your dice roll).

The rule book mentions that the dice roll corresponds to passage of time, which is why with a higher roll, your clones and rockets move farther. However, the "time" you spend doing things is irrelevant to the "time" your opponent spends doing things. Taking more "time" to do things is only beneficial and taking less "time" to do things nets you no personal benefit. This is the sort of thinking that gets you fired at work. laugh

If I roll a bunch of ones, I would be spending less "time" on each turn and it would seem to me that I should be able to make more turns than my opponent who is rolling sixes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The bullet is enormous
There is no escaping

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dead account
msg tools
badge
You're dealing with off-brand, refurbished Soviet block tech from an alternate 1950s. The radios are always on the fritz, the clones have the brainpower of a salad, and you're lucky the rockets shoot forward most of the time.

To me, it seems the Random Number Generator isn't showing you the strict amount of time since your last turn. It represents the amount of time you have amidst the noise and chaos to actually get something done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.