Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Monson
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
For over 40 years I've been enjoying gaming with great people.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everybody,

I'm finally going again to Origin's, my last time was 2011. It is such a great convention and I'm really looking forward to gaming.

My plans are to arrive Thursday afternoon and stay till Sunday morning.

Games I would really like to play (include but are not limited to):
Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game***
The Walking Dead: Best Defense
Penny Arcade: Gamers vs Evil** (yea it's a deck builder, but ...)
Star Wars The Card Game***
Eight-Minute Empire (either version)
King of Tokyo
Star Realms
Smash Up
+Lots more

So if you are coming and let's hear what you would like to play.

BGG'ers Unite!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will E.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Get there and register on Tuesday, then hit the tables Wednesday. Hoping to play:

Firefly: The Game
Battles of Westeros
Empire Builder
Vampire Empire
Warlords of Europe

A few LARPs, such as NSDMG

Hoping to learn a lot of new games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No I'm not meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be there, first time attending Origins. I'll be demoing A Fistful of Dinero with Magic House Games in the Board Room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve O'Grady
United States
Jacksonville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of gaming events still available. I am registered into 12 gaming events and have about an hour each day to see the Vendor Hall. About 5 of the events are games I own, but have never gotten to the table, so now is my chance to play these games.

My wife will be with me on most events, and my son from Boston will be flying down to join us.

Usually I am only able to make it for 1-2 days because of work. This year we are driving up on Wednesday, and spending Thursday through Sunday there.

There are lots of "Rules Taught" games, more so than GenCon, and my wife and I are taking advantage, getting into several.

They seem to be weak on card games as we are in none. They do some LARP games, as my son is in a Dr Who, and in a Stargate miniatures.

It is a smaller con compared to GenCon, but a Big one compared to other biggies. Lots of gaming opportunities you won't find at GenCon. You can easily get into FFG games there whereas at GenCon, they are all gone in the first few seconds.

And the food court is far better than the choices at GenCon.

I try to make both every year now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Keefe
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe I may go this year. I normally go to Gen Con instead, but due to scheduling changes at the high school, I can only go to Gen Con on Saturday and Sunday. I may hit up Origins for the first time in three years to offset those lost days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent O.
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to my second Origins. I went "on a whim" last year and really enjoyed it. I think I prefer it to GenCon. I didn't have a need to buy any of the new releases last year at GenCon, and I don't like feeling crowded. Taking my sister with me this year for her first "real" convention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert kircher
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I will be arriving Tuesday evening an will be in the board game hall most of the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Monson
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to be hitting the exhibitors hall during the day, but my plan is to play for a bit in the Board Room as a break. Then once the hall closes, I'm going to head for the board room and some 'serious' gaming (man I really enjoy Origin's).

Not sure how we can pick each other out, but it's nice see what people are looking forward to playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there Wednesday through Sunday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
8-bit Matt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup! I'll be there Thur+Fri

My Origins 2014 Geeklist

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sessoms
United States
Butler
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a Super Genius, but not in the style of Mark Madden, Local sports idiot.
mbmbmbmbmb
i'll be there! I'm doing some RPGing, i'm playing a couple board games. (Sentinels and i'm relearning Merchant of venus) but i'll be trolling the vendor room and the board room.

Ill be there probably wednesday night at around 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince G.
United States
Reynoldsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there, of course.

Anyone started a geeklist yet to schedule games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fix
United States
Sterling Hts
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i will be there as of Wednesday.

Has anyone heard when the exhibitor list is due out? Less than three weeks from the con and I haven`t seen or heard anything yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Moyer
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it by not dying. -Woody Allen
mbmbmbmbmb
EasyPickens wrote:

Not sure how we can pick each other out, but it's nice see what people are looking forward to playing.

Last time I did the Origins Math Trade, I added my avatar picture & name to my badge (just by printing it out ahead of time). Maybe if some other BGG folks do the same we can start to recognize one another.

So far I only signed up for Freedom the Underground Railroad because that event is only being run once, by my friend Lori. Most of the others catching my interest are run so many times that I can just wing it, but I'll probably sign up for some more during the times the husband is busy playing with his little tanks and other minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Hollern
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be going to Origins, Thursday to Saturday.

Mostly I will be in the CABS (Columbus Area Boardgaming Society) area. I will have a few favorite games (Vikings, New England, Small World and 7 Wonders) but will be open to playing new stuff.

I usually bounce between CABS and the vendors area. I go to the vendors multiple times. My first trip is to scout, the second is to buy things on my list, the third trip is to buy things not on my list, the final trip is buy stuff I really don't need. I rationalize the last two trips by telling myself that I am supporting the hobby.

Fun, food and friends: Origins is a second Christmas for me.

Terry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gallagher
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm planning on going. I'll be spending most of my time in the Board Room (the aforementioned CABS area) and Puffing Billy area. Given that I'm coming from California, the games I'll have with me will be limited (several 18xx games, a nearly complete Cards Against Humanity and some 18xx games).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brant G
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what we're doing for 5 days...

Official Origins Events Listings for the GrogHeads Central Command

Note there are a few blank GMs. We have re-submitted the correct names to Origins; we're not going to leave anyone hanging!

Event# Prizes? Date/Time Length? Event Name................................................................ GM
3277....Yes....Thu 1pm....3....GrogHeads Presents: A Test of Mettle........................................ Paul Rohrbaugh
3739....Yes....Fri 2pm....3....GrogHeads Presents: Circle of Fire (ATO)....
4044....Yes....Sat 10am...3....GrogHeads Presents: Circle of Fire (ATO)....
3596....Yes....Fri 10am...3....GrogHeads Presents: Columbia Games Block Wargaming........................
4045....Yes....Sat 10am...3....GrogHeads Presents: Columbia Games Block Wargaming........................
9229....No.... Thu 7pm....2....GrogHeads Presents: Flashpoint Campaigns Q&A with the Designers............ Snyder / Crandall
9433....No.... Fri 6pm....2....GrogHeads Presents: Games & Sims for Military Training Seminar............ Guillory / Sterrett
9424....Yes....Fri 3pm....2....GrogHeads Presents: Learn to Play Flashpoint Campaigns with the Designers....Snyder / Crandall
3217....Yes....Thu 11am...3....GrogHeads Presents: Orange Crush (Civil War in the Ukraine)................ Brant Guillory
3218....Yes....Fri 2pm....3....GrogHeads Presents: Orange Crush (Civil War in the Ukraine)................ Brant Guillory
3916....No.... Fri 8pm....3....GrogHeads Presents: Play with the Designer - Ranger!........................ Bill Gibbs
3465....No.... Thu 7pm....3....GrogHeads Presents: Play with the Designer - Sergeants! Miniatures Game.... Lost Battalion Games
3917....No.... Fri 8pm....3....GrogHeads Presents: Play with the Designer - Spearpoint 1943................ Byron Collins
3886....No.... Fri 7pm....3....GrogHeads Presents: Play with the Publisher - Circle of Fire................ Steve Rawling
3031....Yes....Wed 3pm....3....GrogHeads Presents: Ranger!................................................ Chris Pauquette
3564....Yes....Fri 9am....3....GrogHeads Presents: Ranger!................................................ Chris Pauquette
3024....Yes....Wed 2pm....3....GrogHeads Presents: Sergeants! Miniatures Game............................ Vance Strickland
3178....Yes....Thu 10am...3....GrogHeads Presents: Sergeants! Miniatures Game............................ Vance Strickland
3740....Yes....Fri 2pm....3....GrogHeads Presents: Sergeants! Miniatures Game............................ Vance Strickland
4007....Yes....Sat 9am....3....GrogHeads Presents: Sergeants! Miniatures Game............................ Vance Strickland
4143....Yes....Sat 1pm....4....GrogHeads Presents: Sergeants! Miniatures Game (Team Game)................ 1A / Vance Strickland
3278....Yes....Thu 1pm....3....GrogHeads Presents: Spearpoint 1943........................................ JR Sharp
4181....Yes....Sat 2pm....3....GrogHeads Presents: Spearpoint 1943........................................ JR Sharp
9402....Yes....Fri 10am...4....GrogHeads Presents: Staff Wargaming - Battle From The Bulge................ Sterrett / Snyder / Graves
9605....Yes....Sat 10am...4....GrogHeads Presents: Staff Wargaming - Battle From The Bulge................ Sterrett / Snyder / Graves
9214....Yes....Thu 2pm....4....GrogHeads Presents: Staff Wargaming - Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm........ Sterrett / Snyder / Graves
9630....Yes....Sat 7pm....4....GrogHeads Presents: Staff Wargaming - Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm........ Sterrett / Snyder / Graves
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Graning
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First time going. Don't know what to expect really.

Going to play Krosmaster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Monson
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Theryn wrote:

... I added my avatar picture & name to my badge (just by printing it out ahead of time). Maybe if some other BGG folks do the same we can start to recognize one another. ...

Great idea! I'm going to print a few different sizes of my avatar to add to my badge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there Tuesday through Sunday morning. Got a decent chunk of scheduled events and usually play pick up games in big bar on two or the Origins Bar near Hall E.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lee
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Shouldn't there be a board, or pieces or something to Jenga?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going, but I'm late on the draw. Anyone know of a thread where I can find hotel room transfers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Monson
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the Hyatt - I think they added more rooms to the Origin's block.

Hope I'm not too late.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Villa
United States
Sylvania
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Going Thur-Sat with a group of friends, staying in the SJG Munchkin Tavern room-went last year, but only on family day. Looking forward to trying some new games this year,

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/174219/games-i-want-to-try...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be checking it out for the first time this year. I'm local so it's not a big deal for me to travel. Probably just going to hit up Saturday or Sunday and walk around the vendor area to see what there is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.