Subject: PBF73: Explosion Time (Come on, boom your friends) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rochelle
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Murph. You have to talk to me, Murph. I have to fix this, before I go.
badge
I'll keep it broken so you have to stay.
mbmbmbmbmb
This game will run: Monday May 26 - Saturday May 31
Signups will close on Monday at noon BGG time. The game will start Monday at 2:00pm BGG time.

Introduction
Two Rooms and a Boom is a social deduction, hidden role game. There are two teams, the Red Team and the Blue Team. The Blue Team has a President. The Red Team has a Bomber. Players are equally distributed between two rooms (separate playing areas). The game consists of 5 timed rounds. At the end of each round, some players will be traded into opposing rooms. If the Red Team’s Bomber is in the same room as the Blue Team's President at the end of the game, then the Red Team wins. Otherwise the Blue Team wins.

PBF Rules
See PBF rules on the wiki.

(flavor soon)

Signups
1. hybridfive
2. Natsume
3. Borgoto
4. Machiavellian
5. mmazala
6. pwinn
7. namyzarc
8. theknightofcups
9. RedScharlach
10. Dxmify
11. maytheodds
12. rathstar
13. mowglee
14. slinkydink
15. BlueTorch
16. Kiwi13cubed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rochelle
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Final Roleset

BLUE TEAM

Blue President - Princess Bubblegum
"As princess of candy kingdom, I'm in charge of a lot of candy people. They rely on me, I can't imagine what might happen to them when I was gone."
You are a primary character. Blue Team wins if you do not gain the "dead" condition.

Blue Doctor - Doctor Princess
"Whoa, Nelly! Something... medical is happening!"
when playing with the Doctor, the Blue Team has the following additional win condition: the President must card share with the Doctor before the end of the game or the Blue Team loses.

Blue Spy - Jake the Dog
"I'm the Ice King, and I'll never find a bride because I'm such a tool!"
This is a special character card that is the color of the opposite team. This means, for example, that the red Spy has an allegiance to the Red Team, but their card is blue.

Blue Psychologist/Medic - Finn the Human
"You don't need a mirror to know you look good. You're beautiful on the inside. Like... your brain and stuff!"
This role combines the powers of the PSYCHOLOGIST and the MEDIC.
When you privately reveal your card to a character with the "shy" condition or the “coy” condition, that "shy" or “coy” character may then immediately card share with you, the Psychologist. If this is done, the "shy" and/or “coy” condition is removed. Furthermore, if someone with the “paranoid” condition card shares with you, the “paranoid” condition is removed. You also have the MEDIC power: any player that card shares with you has all “conditions” removed. For example, a player who has been "cursed" by a Mummy would no longer have the "cursed" condition after card sharing with you. This does not make yourself immune to acquiring conditions, as you might need to find the opposing Medic.

Blue Paranoid - Flame Princess
"You told me you liked me, and you made my flame grow brighter, but then you put me out, which hurt!"
You begin with the "paranoid" condition. Players with the "paranoid" condition may only card share. Moreover, they may only card share once per game.

Blue Criminal - BMO
"What if I put some knuckle in your eyeballs? Would that help you think?"
You have the CRIMINAL power: any player that card shares with you gains the "shy" condition. Players with the "shy" condition may not reveal any part of their card to any player.

Blue Wallflower - Lumpy Space Princess
"I'm ready for you now, Brad. Isn't that obvi? I'm so ready."
You need a little push to get socially involved. You start the game with the "shy" condition ("shy" players may not reveal any part of their card to anyone). When someone private reveals to you, you lose the "shy" condition.

Blue Mummy - Tree Trunks
"But Finn said I was a top-notch adventurer, and my adventurer's instincts are telling me to seduce that tentacled critter with my womanly charms and elephant prowess."
You have the MUMMY power. Any player that card shares with you gains the "cursed" condition. "Cursed" player must from then on do their best to not make any noise. In PBF terms, "cursed" players are limited to posting in pictures only. "Cursed" players can select hostages, reveal, and vote, but their own posts and whispers are limited to emoticons, wordless GIFs, ASCII, personal artwork - anything without actual letters or numbers (think Pictionary with animation). "Cursed" players may also make posts describing themselves doing actions, so long as they make it as literal as possible.

RED TEAM

Red Bomber - Lich
"I wish for the extinction of all life."
You are a primary character. Everyone in the same room as you at the end of the game gains the "dead" condition. The Red Team wins if the President gains the "dead" condition.

Red Engineer - Flame King
"She's an unstoppable force of destruction. Haaaaa! Nothing a psycho like you can't handle!"
When playing with the Engineer, the Red Team has the following additional win condition: the Bomber must card share with the Engineer before the end of the game or the Red Team loses.

Red Spy - Magic Man
"You know, believe it or not I'm not really a beggar, I'm actually a... MAGIC MAN!"
This is a special character card that is the color of the opposite team. This means, for example, that the red Spy has an allegiance to the Red Team, but their card is blue.

Red Psychologist/Medic - Ice King
"Marcy...? Oh, no... Uh, you're fine. Just a bit warm, but you should get some sleep. I mean, don't freak out or anything, but we need to get you some... chicken soup!"
This role combines the powers of the PSYCHOLOGIST and the MEDIC.
When you privately reveal your card to a character with the "shy" condition or the “coy” condition, that "shy" or “coy” character may then immediately card share with you, the Psychologist. If this is done, the "shy" and/or “coy” condition is removed. Furthermore, if someone with the “paranoid” condition card shares with you, the “paranoid” condition is removed. You also have the MEDIC power: any player that card shares with you has all “conditions” removed. For example, a player who has been "cursed" by a Mummy would no longer have the "cursed" condition after card sharing with you. This does not make yourself immune to acquiring conditions, as you might need to find the opposing Medic.

Red Paranoid - Lemongrab
"Twelve years dungeon. All of you. Dungeon. Seven years, no trials."
You begin with the "paranoid" condition. Players with the "paranoid" condition may only card share. Moreover, they may only card share once per game.

Red Criminal - Gunter
"Wack."
You have the CRIMINAL power: any player that card shares with you gains the "shy" condition. Players with the "shy" condition may not reveal any part of their card to any player.

Red Wallflower - Tiffany
"From the shadows of dream, the dog wakes to find its mangy tail flopping in the dust like a fish in a tree. That fish is me... Tiffany!"
You need a little push to get socially involved. You start the game with the "shy" condition ("shy" players may not reveal any part of their card to anyone). When someone private reveals to you, you lose the "shy" condition.

Red Mummy - Death
"Those are the rules in the Land of the Dead. Lose a music battle, lose your life."
You have the MUMMY power. Any player that card shares with you gains the "cursed" condition. "Cursed" player must from then on do their best to not make any noise. In PBF terms, "cursed" players are limited to posting in pictures only. "Cursed" players can select hostages, reveal, and vote, but their own posts and whispers are limited to emoticons, wordless GIFs, ASCII, personal artwork - anything without actual letters or numbers (think Pictionary with animation). "Cursed" players may also make posts describing themselves doing actions, so long as they make it as literal as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rochelle
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GAME RULES
Here are the basic 2R1B PBF rules.

PLAY BY FORUM NOTES
- We will be using NEW transfer rules: a leader may not choose themselves to be a hostage. If a leader wishes to be eligible to leave the room, they must first hand off leadership to another player. That player is now the leader of the room and will select the hostages.
- I will be using LHLV (longest held last vote) to break tied votes for leadership.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rochelle
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GAME STATUS / TRANSFERS
Round 1
Candy Kingdom
1. BlueTorch --->
2. dxmify
3. Kiwi13cubed
4. Machiavellian --->
5. Natsume --->
6. pwinn
7. slinkydink
8. theknightofcups
Nightosphere
<--- 1. Borgoto
2. hybridfive
3. maytheodds
<--- 4. mmazala
5. mowglee
6. namyzarc
7. rathstar
<--- 8. RedScharlach

Round 2
Candy Kingdom
1. Borgoto
2. dxmify -->
3. Kiwi13cubed
4. mmazala
5. pwinn
6. RedScharlach
7. slinkydink
8. theknightofcups -->

Nightosphere
1. BlueTorch
2. hybridfive
<-- 3. Machiavellian
4. maytheodds
5. mowglee
6. Natsume
<-- 7. Namyzarc
8. rathstar

Round 3
Candy Kingdom
1. Borgoto
2. Kiwi13cubed
3. Machiavellian
4. mmazala -->
5. Namyzarc
6. pwinn
7. RedScharlach
8. slinkydink -->

Nightosphere
1. BlueTorch
<-- 2. dxmify
3. hybridfive
4. maytheodds
5. mowglee
6. Natsume
<-- 7. rathstar
8. theknightofcups

Round 4
Candy Kingdom
1. Borgoto -->
2. dxmify
3. Kiwi13cubed
4. Machiavellian
5. namyzarc
6. pwinn
7. rathstar
8. RedScharlach

Nightosphere
1. BlueTorch
2. hybridfive
3. maytheodds
<-- 4. mmazala
5. mowglee
6. Natsume
7. slinkydink
8. theknightofcups

Round 5
Candy Kingdom
1. dxmify
2. Kiwi13cubed
3. Machiavellian
4. mmazala -->
5. namyzarc
6. pwinn
7. rathstar
8. RedScharlach

Nightosphere
1. BlueTorch
2. Borgoto
<-- 3. hybridfive
4. maytheodds
5. mowglee
6. Natsume
7. slinkydink
8. theknightofcups

Final Results
Candy Kingdom
1. dxmify
2. hybridfive
3. kiwi13cubed
4. Machiavellian
5. namyzarc
6. pwinn
7. rathstar
8. Redscharlach

Nightosphere
1. BlueTorch
2. Borgoto (boom!)
3. maytheodds
4. mmazala
5. mowglee
6. natsume
7. slinkydink
8. theknightofcups

The Lich (Borgoto) met the Flame King (mowglee) in round 5.
Princess Bubblegum (hybridfive) met Doctor Princess (natsume) in round 5.

The Lich and Princess Bubblegum do NOT end in the same room.

Blue team wins!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rochelle
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PARANOIDS AND PSYCHOLOGISTS
The Psychologist/Medic may cure the "shy" condition by
1. Private revealing to him/her, then
2. Immediately offering a card share, which must be
3. Accepted by the shy person

The Psychologist/Medic may NOT cure the Paranoid this way if the Paranoid has already completed a card share. The only way for the Paranoid to lose the "Paranoid" condition is if the Psychologist is his/her first card share.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rochelle
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ROLE LIST

BLUE TEAM
BlueTorch BMO Blue Criminal
dxmify Jake the Dog Blue Spy
Natsume Doctor Princess Blue Doctor
pwinn Tree Trunks Blue Mummy
hybridfive Princess Bubblegum Blue President
maytheodds Finn the Human Blue Psychologist/Medic
mmazala Flame Princess Blue Paranoid
namyzarc Lumpy Space Princess Blue Wallflower

RED TEAM
Kiwi13cubed Magic Man Red Spy
Machiavellian Lemongrab Red Paranoid
slinkydink Death Red Mummy
Borgoto The Lich Red Bomber
mowglee Flame King Red Engineer
rathstar Gunter Red Criminal
RedScharlach Tiffany Red Wallflower
theknightofcups Ice King Red Psychologist/Medic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rochelle
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reserved

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hurd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't believe I'm first to sign up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
You know I love the players and you love the game
badge
Let the games begin
mbmbmbmbmb
FIRST!

Second!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Joinin up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
I am where I need to be when I need to be.
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
mbmbmbmbmb
I will sign up. Are you still finalizing roles? When will they be posted?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rochelle
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellian wrote:
I will sign up. Are you still finalizing roles? When will they be posted?

Working on roles now. My original roleset turns out to be pretty similar to the current masquerade, so I'm trying to make some edits. There's a preliminary version posted now. I welcome feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
mbmbmbmbmb
I would get rid of the paranoid, especially given you already have the Negotiator. I'd throw in another card share contaminator like maybe the dealer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Holy shit, rebuilding your games collection is expensive!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
In please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hurd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a general comment, has there been any thought to allowing a Psychologist to cure the savvy condition? It seems like savvy didn't become a thing until after Psychologist was already in play. As far as I know, savvy is only cleansable. I'm just wondering if people like that fact. I don't. I suppose it's a more relevant question when the Professor role is in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Winn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, first time for everything. I'm in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Psychologist is special because it is needed to cure those conditions that can can't card share. Medic can be used to cure all others.

I'm not sure I really see too much point to the grey roles beyond the gambler. Romeo and Juliet are essentially Red team that needs to explode and Maid and Butler are essentially blue team that need to be with the President. The chance exists of them all siding with one team and thus unbalancing the set up or they go with the other team and they are just kind of boring.

I'd much rather see additional interesting red/blue roles added like Enforcer, Mummy, Gorgon, Medic, thug, rat, or Werewolf (Hug wolf?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
You know I love the players and you love the game
badge
Let the games begin
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellian wrote:
Werewolf (Hug wolf?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rochelle
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thematically I'd love to have hug wolves, but I really hate the werewolf role to be honest.

I'll look into some card share things and possibly tweaking the grey roles. In the middle of something right now though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Reynolds
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Normal namyzarc (that's an oxymoron)
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh good; this one's back again.

Yeah, I should be able to make this one.. Please sign me up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hurd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellian wrote:
I'm not sure I really see too much point to the grey roles beyond the gambler. Romeo and Juliet are essentially Red team that needs to explode and Maid and Butler are essentially blue team that need to be with the President. The chance exists of them all siding with one team and thus unbalancing the set up or they go with the other team and they are just kind of boring.

While I agree with your second point, I think it's more complex than you make it out to be in your first. If Maid and Butler find out, ahead of the last switch, that the President and Bomber are both in their current room, they're red team. But in the absence of information, they're blue.

I've never played with this set in particular, so I'm up for it. But I've played enough with Rival / Intern / Survivor / Victim to understand the strategic dynamic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
Borgoto and Mach are in, and I want to be best friends with them, so I'm in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
BORGOTO AND MACH CAN WE BE PBF BFFS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an application and contract you need to sign. Don't bother reading the fine print, it's just simple conditionals in case you become leader of a room instead of me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellian wrote:
There is an application and contract you need to sign. Don't bother reading the fine print, it's just simple conditionals in case you become leader of a room instead of me.

Which has happened before...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.