Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well with some of the posts by the developers in this forum, this thing is still not buttoned down. Sadly I think their June , 2014 ship date will not happen. This could me one of those type of deals where the add on is functional and works well, but they want to keep tweaking this , then that. At some point you have to pull the trigger and get it out. They have been banging away on this thing since 2012, with it almost being completed for the last year + if you read their own posts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
PROTEIN. WATER. LIQUOR.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rockin Rocko wrote:
Well with some of the posts by the developers in this forum, this thing is still not buttoned down. Sadly I think their June , 2014 ship date will not happen. This could me one of those type of deals where the add on is functional and works well, but they want to keep tweaking this , then that. At some point you have to pull the trigger and get it out. They have been banging away on this thing since 2012, with it almost being completed for the last year + if you read their own posts.

Well, that's nothing if you compare it to some of the other games in the system
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think what they need to do is develop a solo game system that would be compatible with all of their COH series (ie SASL)and keep it simple in the long run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The solo expansion is employing the latest in boardgame design techniques - a mixture of emergent AI and stealth technology. This solo expansion is so good you can't even see it...You could be playing it right now and never know it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
atsgamer wrote:
The solo expansion is employing the latest in boardgame design techniques - a mixture of emergent AI and stealth technology. This solo expansion is so good you can't even see it...You could be playing it right now and never know it.

LMAO, I needed that today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:
I think what they need to do is develop a solo game system that would be compatible with all of their COH series (ie SASL)and keep it simple in the long run.

To late they are employing some marking on the 2nd edition version of awakening the bear, at least that is where they were at one time. Who knows, they kind of keep changing things, even though its supposedly 99% done. LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The last 1% is always critical. Like makeup on a beautiful woman! (or guy...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
uweeickert wrote:

Uwe, so is the June release blown? If so then are we looking at July ,2014? I will be honest I bought the second edition of COH: Awakening the Bear, just to play with this solitaire add on. So I am a little anxious to finally have the Solo add on release. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Imhoff
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
uweeickert wrote:

I'm beautiful without makeup.
Joel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Øivind Karlsrud
Norway
Bjørkelangen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rockin Rocko wrote:
Uwe, so is the June release blown? If so then are we looking at July ,2014? I will be honest I bought the second edition of COH: Awakening the Bear, just to play with this solitaire add on.

Me too (although the fact that I came across a copy that was discounted because of a dent in the box also contributed to my decision to buy it, even though I already owned the first edition).

Pre-orders take time, I know. I have several pre-orders with Dan Verssen, GMT, Lock'n Load Publishing etc. Just don't say a product is almost finished, when it's still a year or more from being sent to the printer. Wasn't this game supposed to be almost finished a year ago? I would have pre-ordered anyway, I just think it's better not to be misled into expecting something, then be disappointed. But now it doesn't matter anymore. Unless Uwe says he has sent the game to the printer, I have no expectations. I mean no offense to him, but I'm afraid he is an eternal otimist, and that has driven me to become an eternal pessimist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oivind22 wrote:
Rockin Rocko wrote:
Uwe, so is the June release blown? If so then are we looking at July ,2014? I will be honest I bought the second edition of COH: Awakening the Bear, just to play with this solitaire add on.

Me too (although the fact that I came across a copy that was discounted because of a dent in the box also contributed to my decision to buy it, even though I already owned the first edition).

Pre-orders take time, I know. I have several pre-orders with Dan Verssen, GMT, Lock'n Load Publishing etc. Just don't say a product is almost finished, when it's still a year or more from being sent to the printer. Wasn't this game supposed to be almost finished a year ago? I would have pre-ordered anyway, I just think it's better not to be misled into expecting something, then be disappointed. But now it doesn't matter anymore. Unless Uwe says he has sent the game to the printer, I have no expectations. I mean no offense to him, but I'm afraid he is an eternal otimist, and that has driven me to become an eternal pessimist.

I agree on much of what you said. I just don't understand how something that was ready for the printers so many times keeps being delayed. The fact is that you can tweak something forever, to make it better. At some point you have to say this is a very good product and get it to market. The fact is look at many of their games that get errata's after the fact, so this proves you have to finally say enough is enough and make the product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, the latest from Academy Games is we are looking at an August 2014 release. I appreciate them getting back to me. I really hope it is no later than that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Venables
United Kingdom
Horndean
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phule wrote:
uweeickert wrote:

I'm beautiful without makeup.
Joel

Yeah, but only 99% beautiful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rockin Rocko wrote:
Ok, the latest from Academy Games is we are looking at an August 2014 release. I appreciate them getting back to me. I really hope it is no later than that.

Anyone willing to place odds on that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
atsgamer wrote:
Rockin Rocko wrote:

I will take 3:1 that he is happy that Academy Games got back to him and that he hopes the game is no later than that!

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Toffee
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
atsgamer wrote:
Rockin Rocko wrote:

I would bet 2 CAP:s on that.. just in case ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohhh, ohhhh, I will bet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uwe, you are the hardest working guy in gaming and we realize the economic rewards of Academy's successful Kickstarter projects, but the CoH series is a wonderful design worthy of continuation. The fan base is restless, not primarily because they have had to wait for the next CoH release, but I think mainly because of a series of release dates have come and gone.

I realize that many things can go wrong in the process, but is it realistic for us to believe that a C of H release will occur in calendar year 2014? To know this with some certainty, as much as you can give, would go a long way towards quelling my, and perhaps others, angst over "the wait." Just give us the straight scoop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably the more prudent course of action would be for Academy Games to stop announcing releases until the are absolutely certain of the ship date. Kick starter is one way to get some discipline. But when a title is still in the development stage maybe we shouldn't even know about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pisqueeter wrote:
Probably the more prudent course of action would be for Academy Games to stop announcing releases until the are absolutely certain of the ship date. Kick starter is one way to get some discipline. But when a title is still in the development stage maybe we shouldn't even know about it.

There is wisdom in what you say here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
uweeickert wrote:
Ohhh, ohhhh, I will bet!

So does this mean that the August 2014 date is the final true date for release? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, he means it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uwe has it at the Academy booth at Origins, this very minute, for demo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Click
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sduke wrote:
Great! Has it gone to the printer yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sduke wrote:

Quick someone get some video of it at Origins, as this add on is almost like bigfoot and its sightings, lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.