Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Vermilion
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. What defines a "character" card?

2. To whom does "on your turn" refer to? The hero to which I have attached said card onto or the hero that REALLY owns that card?

-zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dawn of the Dad wrote:
1. What defines a "character" card?

2. To whom does "on your turn" refer to? The hero to which I have attached said card onto or the hero that REALLY owns that card?

-zombie

Character cards are cards that are two sided.

Your turn refers to the card owner. Though I can't think of any cards you can attach on other heroes that says "on your turn", there is Embolden, but it uses "that hero's turn".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kratz
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Character cards are the hero/villain cards that show the hit points and base power (if one exists). Each hero and villain has one character card (The Ennead deck has 9 character cards, one for each villain character).

I don't understand the second question. You can't attach a character card to another hero. You may be able to attach an Ongoing card (such as Embolden in Fanatic's deck) to another hero, but that is not a character card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vermilion
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I have been playing some of the custom decks by Tosx. This appears on some of the hero "Stranger" cards. I just assumed this was something that appeared on some of the real ones as well. The phrasing goes like this... "Play this next to a hero target. At the end of YOUR TURN, that target regains 1 HP."

Any idea as how to handle that?

-zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your turn there refers to the Stranger's turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrono-Ranger's Dead Or Alive can be placed on non-heroes, while still using the "your turn", so my guess is that card will also trigger on who ever played the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blankstein
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are other villains and heroes that have multiple character cards.
-Sentinels (4 characters plus setup)
-Chairman (Chairman plus Operative)
-Kismet (Kismet plus Talisman)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me Mister...
Ireland
Donegal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ronway wrote:
Chrono-Ranger's Dead Or Alive can be placed on non-heroes, while still using the "your turn", so my guess is that card will also trigger on who ever played the card.

Yes, Absolute Zero has one too but I can't remember what it's called - oh wait Impale is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ibbo wrote:
Ronway wrote:

Yes, Absolute Zero has one too but I can't remember what it's called - oh wait Impale is it?

Yes, at the start of his turn, he hits a target for 2 cold damage with Impale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.