Subject: Overloading: A Cargo Carrying Idea. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C David Dent
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Inspired by this http://thechive.com/2014/05/20/dude-maybe-you-should-take-tw... I wondered if perhaps the actual cargo area of your ship was not the limit of what you could carry.

The variant rule goes like this: You can put any amount of cargo onto your ship. Once you run out of cargo/stash spots it is piled into crew quarters, hallways, gang planks, strapped to the exterior of your ship and finally towed behind your ship on long cables.

Any cargo/contraband/parts/fuel that is NOT in a designated cargo space is automatically lost if you receive a navigation card that requires a "full stop" or an "evade"

You can, of course avoid all navigation cards by moseying from place to place, but that's slow.

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jody Lent
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Interesting... this reminds me of the house rule where "spaced goods" stay in that sector, and any player may afterwards spend an action to salvage them when stopped in that sector.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Ingram
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe let people overload to double their non-stash cargo slots, but penalize them with Heavy Load while they do...although the PBH ships would ruin that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C David Dent
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I didn't see a need to put a limit on it. It's a risky enough move as it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.