Subject: Wrath of Kings crossovers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CMON just published an update showing the 2 survivors & zombivors descending from Wrath of Kings.

Long post ahead;

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Image links broke.... but the KSPage link works fine. Models look great!

~Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Not a fan of these at all.
Artwork doesn't fit the game, sculpts seem too shallow to hold the detail.
And the zombies don't really look like zombies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:
sculpts seem too shallow to hold the detail.

Are we looking at the same pictures?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:
Artwork doesn't fit the game,

Let's just welcome everyone who survives to participate and rejoice in diversity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:

Not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure but why do you say artwork doesn't fit? they seem in the cartoon style of most of zombicide to date (artists packs excluded)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
jokeroz wrote:
Mr Skeletor wrote:

Not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure but why do you say artwork doesn't fit? they seem in the cartoon style of most of zombicide to date (artists packs excluded)

I'm not sure - something about them just doesn't look "Zombiecide" to me, though looking closely I suppose its more of the actual 'character' itself then the art.
Glancing at them just me feel like I'm looking more at a home-made board than an official one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well at least they have the numbers along the edge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the artwork is fine but the characters don't fit Zombicide for me at all. Was not happy when they announced them as I thought they didn't fit and still don't! But I'm not forced to have them and I won't so it doesn't bother me too much for those who would like them in the game. The detail is shallow, but no more shallow than the current Zombicide miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that you think so because of the mask, and thus lack of expression, and lack of difference of expression when turning Zombivor.

Probably not my favourite, but I think the fit the pack.

Along with Honk and CTS, it could be the weirdest team ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
jonahmaul wrote:
I think the artwork is fine but the characters don't fit Zombicide for me at all. Was not happy when they announced them as I thought they didn't fit and still don't! But I'm not forced to have them and I won't so it doesn't bother me too much for those who would like them in the game. The detail is shallow, but no more shallow than the current Zombicide miniatures.

Yeah, for me it's more that they were probably a wasted opportunity. I really wanted a cool cosplayer survivor, but based around a more recognisable theme. Now we've effectively got two cosplayers it probably means we won't see any more, but unless you're a big WoK fan they don't have the fun appeal they could have had if they'd been based on, say, certain superheroes or TV shows/movies.

The sculpts themselves seem fine, pretty much inline with the series, the pig guy actually looks decent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't super excited about these when I ordered them but I think they turned out great!

It's all about the skills, and these two characters fit my play style.
(I don't really care for the way UW42's mask changes expressions but paint will fix that.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mb
bigblock75 wrote:
(I don't really care for the way UW42's mask changes expressions but paint will fix that.)

Haha, I hadn't even noticed that. Yes, that's a bit weird, but it's also kind of funny. I can live with it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Marcum
msg tools
Sorry, don't like these, and don't really understand it. I'm a Zombicide fan. Didn't get into Wrath of Kings. I don't even really understand who these characters are. Bad move. Bad decision. CMON should focus on keeping Zombicide a unique universe. yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering some of the weird and wonderful stuff cosplayers get up to to I quite enjoy these especially with the little backstory from the KS.

I actually have more trouble with Wanda's Skates always reminds me of this from World War Z

"There was this one guy on rollerblades. He had a hockey stick in his hand, a big 'ole meat cleaver bolted to the blade. He was doing an easy thirty, at that speed he might have taken a neck or two. The camera saw the whole thing, the rotted arm that shot out of the sewer drain right in front of him, the guy back flipping into the air, coming down hard on the his face, then being dragged, screaming, by his ponytail into the drain"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alyana can dual wield pans from turn one. That makes her worthy to me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shoogoo wrote:
Alyana can dual wield pans from turn one. That makes her worthy to me

LOL.

I really like all their skills. They've clearly been designed to work as a team (hey, didn't I hear something about team play in S3? ), and, I'd have to check, but they seem the most melee focused pair of characters yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not say the mask are different in UW42 and z-UW42. More likely the lighting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XofMdS wrote:
I would not say the mask are different in UW42 and z-UW42. More likely the lighting...

Look again, the eyebrows are different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melbourne
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XofMdS wrote:

Smiling and frowning is what I see, which would make them different in my mind. But if it's a trick of lighting then I was fooled.

If it's not a trick, and the masks are different, then I'm all for it! Normally I would have a big problem with it, but this just makes me smile. It's just the correct form of quirkiness (spelling?) that goes with this game. Although, I am the one that put Mickey Mouse ears on a fatty, Added the Joker to the zombies, and for my unique Toxic Zombie Fatty, came up with the back story that he had found some old Pepsi Blue that had gone bad, and that's how they started changing.

Can't wait to get them painted. #'s 99-102. I really need to upload my last 26 painted survivors/zombivors
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

His mouth is sad on the zombivor version, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mb
XofMdS wrote:

I hope that's a joke laugh

Emphasis added

Anyway, maybe he just has a bunch of spare masks to reflect his mood. He's like the Mr Potato Head of the zombie apocalypse, "Prepare to meet Mr. Angry Eyes!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
delinear wrote:
XofMdS wrote:
I hope that's a joke laugh

I admit it was not. I was under the (false) impression, that the mouth was open smiling, so the line on Zombivor was in fact the upper lip, more seenable there than on the Survivor (reflecting the lower lip).
My mistake.

Maybe the plastic gets mutated too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I love that they made the Pigmasks like the Drama Masks (Happy/Sad)... I think it fits very well with the CosPlay theme.

Of course they don't fit the typical "grubby worn survivor" look... this is a Costume Party that got overrun by Zombies. Awesome! While they might not fit into every niche of Zombicide... they certainly add some variety and interest, if even for a specific scenario.

~Will

ps. Wish I had gotten these!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Leite
Brazil
Campinas / Atibaia
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I so so wanna BOTH laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.