Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Driver 8
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a Bounty card is placed on my unit, and I attack with that unit but my opponent chooses not to defend (in which case I win the edge battle), may I add cards to the edge battle, added up their force icons to attempt to win the edge battle by 3 or more? I just want to make sure. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know, yes. You can always pitch cards into an edge battle you are participating in so I would imagine the force icons still count. It puts the onus on the DS player to make sure they can always defend (which shouldn't be too tough if they are playing S&V correctly).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
The rulebook wrote:
A player must control at least one participating unit to place cards in the edge battle. If the defending player controls no defending units, the attacking player automatically wins the edge battle (although he still has the option to place cards into the edge battle if he so desires).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Huerta
United States
Plymouth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But you still win the edge battle even if there is no defense present. If you set an attack on an objective and the defender declares NO Defenders, they can't contribute cards to any edge battle per the rules that Stevepop point out. But read the rules about edge battles and unopposed edge battles are still fought and won due to the fact that the defending side chose not to participate.

So you would get any edge enabled icons and you would WIN the edge.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Huerta
United States
Plymouth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so yes throw those cards in there to add up to 3 or more and win that edge battle and keep those Scum off of you! Fight on, Fight on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.