Jacob Morris
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings, everyone!

Net Deck has been available now for about two weeks, and we are very thrilled with how well it is being received by the community! Thank you everyone who has downloaded the app and those who've left a rating or review on the App Store.

Update 1.0.4 is drawing near and should be going through Apple as you read this. This first update is a minor one with small feature improvements and bug fixes. Some of the major ones include:

- You can now see all of the sets used to make any deck in the Analysis tool. Just tap on the "Cards up to X" cell to expand it.
- The decks menu is a little more robust. You can now search for a deck in your collection by name, identity, or card. Tapping and holding on a deck brings up a quick shortcut menu for some of the key deck features.
- Card data download and storage should be much more stable now. In the off chance that an image doesn't get downloaded properly, there is now a generic card view to show all of the relevant card stats where an image would be shown.
- Other tweaks and bug squashes

I would also like to thank anyone and everyone who has requested features or provided feedback of any kind. We have a lot of ideas and plans for the future of Net Deck, but what we really want to do is provide what YOU want in a deck builder. As such, we'd like to open up the floor to anyone who wants to suggest any features for the next updates! Please sound off in the replies if there's anything that would make Net Deck work better for you. If you have something in mind, please do try to read through this thread first in case anyone has already suggested it. In that case, simply promote that post!

Note: As this is a side project that Gereon and I work on during our spare time, please understand that we cannot guarantee that every requested feature will make it into the app, and we will not guarantee any ship dates for any features that we do decide to put in.

I will kick off the discussion with the attached poll where I have listed out a few features that we personally would really like to get into the app. Feel free to vote on the ones you really want and/or discuss them in this thread as well. But first, let's hit a few hot topics before everybody asks:

- Yes, an iPhone version is planned.
- No, an Android version is not within the scope of our expertise. (Please check out the handful of deck builders already available on the Google Play store.)
- Adding note-taking to decks is by far one of the most requested features and is definitely on its way.
- A card browser separate from the deck builder (think onosendai) is another one we feel very strongly about putting into the app.
- We would love to show card images in more places throughout the app and are actively designing ways to make this possible and useful.
- We do not take money or internet points for our work on this app. There are legal and logistical issues, and more to the point we're simply not interested. We do Net Deck out of our love for the game and our desire to give back to its community. If you feel very strongly about rewarding our efforts, please consider leaving a positive rating or review on the App Store and/or participating in these feature discussions. (Also, as we are riding on Alsciende's amazing work behind NetrunnerDB, you may consider leaving him a donation here.)

New Feature Voting Form

Happy deck building!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
Bedford
NH
flag msg tools
I really need a new badge, avatar, and overtext. GM me with any ideas....
badge
This is the seahorse valley
mb
First off - great work on Net Deck. Love the app, use it frequently.

Feature request - include ways to sort or filter by the Draft Sets, and create randomized draft packs from chosen sets of cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Morris
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
solidhavok wrote:
First off - great work on Net Deck. Love the app, use it frequently.

Thanks!

solidhavok wrote:
Feature request - include ways to sort or filter by the Draft Sets

We've gotten a lot of requests for draft ID and set support. We are definitely considering it.

solidhavok wrote:
and create randomized draft packs from chosen sets of cards.

This is a lot stickier and probably not something we will do. Net Deck is not intended to replace any products produced by FFG, it is simply a tool to make players' lives easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Murphy
England
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can't wait to see the iPhone version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
murphydave wrote:

Ditto!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Already requested, but login-level integration with netrunnerdb would be wonderful, so that decks made there and in the app are as synced as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
galfridus wrote:
Already requested, but login-level integration with netrunnerdb would be wonderful, so that decks made there and in the app are as synced as possible.

And the same for Meteor.

Great app. I'll go review and rate it now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My only suggestion and desire:

Could you make a card inventory feature, so when you build decks, it pulls from your card inventory? In other words, this tool would help greatly for those of us who want to build static decks using cards we actually own, so once I use a card in a deck, I want it to decrement from my card inventory so I know I've already used that card in a deck, and it's not available for other decks. So if I only own 3 of a card, and use all 3 copies in 1 deck, my available count for that card is now 0, or won't even show up to add to other decks until I take at least one out from the deck that contains them, thus freeing them back to the pool.

Hard to explain, hope that makes sense.

Other than that, awesome job, nice work!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Morris
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
murphydave wrote:

Can't wait to show it to you!

galfridus wrote:

polychrotid wrote:
And the same for Meteor.

Great app. I'll go review and rate it now.

Thanks! As for meteor, there are unfortunately trchnical problems with syncing to meteor as its database is set up completely differently from most every other netrunner thing. We will continue to investigate.

ath3ist wrote:
Could you make a card inventory feature, so when you build decks, it pulls from your card inventory? In other words, this tool would help greatly for those of us who want to build static decks using cards we actually own, so once I use a card in a deck, I want it to decrement from my card inventory so I know I've already used that card in a deck, and it's not available for other decks. So if I only own 3 of a card, and use all 3 copies in 1 deck, my available count for that card is now 0, or won't even show up to add to other decks until I take at least one out from the deck that contains them, thus freeing them back to the pool.

This was my original intent for Net Deck, but the amount of work that would go into such a thing is much larger than we anticipated. We haven't forgotten about the idea, so the more people who request or vote for such a feature the more likely we are to prioritize it.

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
jakodrako wrote:

ath3ist wrote:

This was my original intent for Net Deck, but the amount of work that would go into such a thing is much larger than we anticipated. We haven't forgotten about the idea, so the more people who request or vote for such a feature the more likely we are to prioritize it.

In that case, I'll echo Roland's sentiment. It would be a nice feature, as I usually maintain 2 runner decks and 3 corp decks. I need more Jackson Howards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Morris
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And update 1.0.4 has dropped! Get it while its hot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.