Warhammer: Diskwars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bloodcrushers and multiple pinned disks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Granger
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Roll d6 impact for each disk or roll once and apply to all of them?

I know on spells, breath, etc it is rolled once for the effect, but can't wrap my head around whether this would apply to the impact damage.

Thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roll for each disk. I believe they clarify it in the FAQ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MechaBri Zilla
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Role once.

The theme seems to be that effects that happen at different times get different rolls, but the effects that happen simultaneously share a roll.

Edit: but I could be wrong...

Going to check the FAQ now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MechaBri Zilla
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kryyst wrote:
Roll for each disk. I believe they clarify it in the FAQ

It's possible I'm just blind, but I'm not seeing it in the FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Granger
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Yeah, I looked for it in the FAQ as well. I had asked on the boards previously about the Fist of Mork and Sun Dragon breath because we had each of those come up in the same game (prior to the FAQ being out).

I understand those each getting one roll and like the cleanliness of it. We ran the Bloodcrushers the same way in this last game, but since they impact each disk as if they had impacted them alone, I could also see an argument that you roll once for each of them.

Thanks for looking around Mech, we'll probably keep doing it this way unless they add this to the FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Cunningham
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roll once. Tyrion is rolled for each because each engagement is handled as a separate occurrence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like one roll in the rules to me, at the moment of pinning the roll isn't to determine the damage, but to determine the value of "impact", which is applied to any/all disks pinned, IMHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni Cornara
Italy
Varese
flag msg tools
https://snipertroll.wordpress.com - https://shiftingmists.wordpress.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with anyone saying "roll once", and that's how we always played it.

Here's the wording of Impact:

Impact: A disk with impact deals physical damage equal to its impact value to each disk it pins after a flip.

And here are other instances in the rules where a random damage is dealt (emphasis mine):

If a ranged attack has a strength of “d6”, roll a six-sided dice along with the battle dice to determine the amount of damage dealt by each hit and critical hit.

Sun Dragon:
Focus: Deal d6 phisical damage to target disk within medium range, and all disks that are engaged with the target.

Fists of Mork
Orc Caster: Deal d6-2 arcane damage to target disk within medium range, and to each disk within short range of the target disk.

While Tyrion's ability reads:

When this disk engages an enemy, roll a d6. If you roll 6, deal that enemy a Wound.

The different wording suggests that Tyrion's ability is activated separately for every individual enemy engaged (and that's confirmed in the rules clarifications) while the Sun Dragon's ability, Fists of Mork or the damage for ranged attacks only activate once, and each enemy hit simultaneously suffers the same effect. The wording of Impact is similar to the latter ones: as vdaoine wrote above, you roll for determining the value of "X", then each pinned disk suffers X damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.