Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M. A.N.
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The ID states "Gain 1c whenever you play a transaction operation." PI is a transaction that stays in play. Does the corp player get the +1 from the ID each time PI fires, or do you only get the ID bonus when you put the current into play.

The common sense answer is "no, you only get the ID bonus once", but since currents are a brand new mechanic, I wanted to try and get a clarification. If anybody has an official FFG ruling on how currents are treated, that would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Don't make me exile you.
mbmbmbmbmb
You only play it once, so you only get paid from BaBW once.

Edit:

Just to be crystal: Playing an operation is an action. If you did not take that action then you did not play an operation, transaction or otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Morris
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bedstvie wrote:
The common sense answer is "no, you only get the ID bonus once", but since currents are a brand new mechanic, I wanted to try and get a clarification. If anybody has an official FFG ruling on how currents are treated, that would be great.

FFG's policy is to not issue clarifications or rulings for cards that haven't been released yet. I'm not entirely sure how that's going to work with these "unreleased" cards…

Thankfully in this case, there really isn't any ambiguity in the rules, as locusshifter explained above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
Just to be crystal: Playing an operation is an action. If you did not take that action then you did not play an operation, transaction or otherwise.

Accelerated Diagnostics plays operations without using actions.

Anyway, I agree with the answer of "you only gain a credit when you play the operation." This particular operation just happens to not get trashed for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Don't make me exile you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Accelerated Diagnostics plays operations without using actions.

Yeah, yeah, I overlooked that. Ya got me. =P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wray
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jakodrako wrote:
Bedstvie wrote:

FFG's policy is to not issue clarifications or rulings for cards that haven't been released yet. I'm not entirely sure how that's going to work with these "unreleased" cards…

Thankfully in this case, there really isn't any ambiguity in the rules, as locusshifter explained above.

If they are available for purchase in draft packs, they have been released. Aside from that, it would be a terrible policy when you are trying to encourage sales of a different format.

"You are welcome to play Draft - but you get no official rules support for a significant percentage of the cardset. Have fun though!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.