Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Erskine
United States
Alexandria
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some questions about Fighting Menoetius

1) Does moving to closest active shard, count a shard that someone has picked acquired? (Assumed yes)

2) Does Shard Shock affect Menoeitus? (Assumed No).

3) Does Shard shock count as a basic attack for purposes of things like Absorb? (Assumed No)

4) On his card, the green and yellow dice show a blank symbol on top, does that mean he activates those abilities on a miss? (Assumed it needs an H symbol).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
kerskine wrote:

Some questions about Fighting Menoetius
1) Does moving to closest active shard, count a shard that someone has picked acquired? (Assumed yes)

You are correct - yes, if the closest active shard is being carried by a unit and also closer than the Champion, then Menoetius will move toward the shard.

kerskine wrote:

2) Does Shard Shock affect Menoeitus? (Assumed No).

Correct - he's a Titan, and they are his shards - he's gotten used to being zapped by them.

kerskine wrote:

3) Does Shard shock count as a basic attack for purposes of things like Absorb? (Assumed No)

Again, you are correct - Shard Shock is not a basic attack.

kerskine wrote:

4) On his card, the green and yellow dice show a blank symbol on top, does that mean he activates those abilities on a miss? (Assumed it needs an H symbol).

You are batting 4 for 4 - to activate the abilities, Hits (not blanks) need to be rolled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ritz
United States
Kelseyville
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 to those questions. (I am so glad I didn't have to type that all out)

but I have a fifth question.

5) Does Shard Slam effect those they that are carrying the shards and the units adjacent to them? (assumed Yes)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
6) Does Shard Shock, which zaps anyone adjacent, also hit anyone carrying the shard? (assumed Yes)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Warren
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually on this #6 question I played that as a No. That seems to be the main difference between Shard Shock and Shard Slam. The shock hits only adjacent and the slam does that plus hit the holder of the shard. I'll be curious to hear an official answer but that's the way I just played it (granted it was my first game ever)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Maier
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ErnieJ wrote:
kerskine wrote:

You are batting 4 for 4 - to activate the abilities, Hits (not blanks) need to be rolled.

Whoa now; is this official errata for the Menoetius card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Weller
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Titan card states that all dog done to any pillars is accumulated by Menoetius. Does is mean that the wound chips are added to his stack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Carlson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
#1 Yes

#2 No

#3 No

#4 Any and All Dice icon pictures are merely to help differentiate them from each other (if ever there was an issue with colorblindedness) you will see that each color icon also has a different 'H' placement (none of the Yellow or Green dice icons actually have an 'H' on the top side). In ALL cases, an 'H' needs to be rolled (facing up) for a 'true' attack or special.

#5 Shard Slam does 1 damage to adjacent units (not Titan), the shard holder, and stuns the shard holder.

#6 Shard Shock does NOT damage the shard holders themselves. Exception may be that side by side shard holders WILL hurt each other.

#7 Re: Menoetius - All Health Chips that are removed by damage from the pillars are then displaced directly underneath Menoetius In theory, Meno can essentially have 21 Health...

Great Questions!

Adam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the official reply!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Perry
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
#8 - His move states "Move x towards closest active shard > Champion"

Menoetius's card also states "The Titan Shard immediately activates when a pillar is damaged"

Does this mean I can damage a pillar, run away and Menoetius will just go stand next to the pillar that's holding the active shard?

#9 - Does Menoetius acquire health chips from damaged pillars while stunned?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.