BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Game like Blue Moon City rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grant Wulff
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
I recently watched a video review of Blue Moon City, and thought the game looked interesting. Looking into it further, I see its not in print anymore, and while there are some available on Amazon, ect, Im probably not interested in it at that price.

Any other similar game recommendations? Nothing in particular really stood out about the game, just the game as a whole.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tower of Babel looks like it has a similar "cooperative/competitive construction" system. In Blue Moon City, you get bonuses for providing the most effort in building a particular structure. In "Tower of Babel"

Quote:
While building together, each tries to provide the majority of the components for each wonder and collect scoring disks (in four suits).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG just release Blue Moon Legends this week. It's basically everything from the old Blue Moon series combined in one box. Should be in stores now. My store received it today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy Basi
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't Blue Moon City different from Blue Moon? I thought they were.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
Kwill2 wrote:

Yes. Blue Moon City and Blue Moon are separate games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joe_salamone wrote:
Kwill2 wrote:

Yes. Blue Moon City and Blue Moon are separate games.

Oppps, wrong game. Sorry about that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Wulff
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
kentreuber wrote:
Tower of Babel looks like it has a similar "cooperative/competitive construction" system. In Blue Moon City, you get bonuses for providing the most effort in building a particular structure. In "Tower of Babel"

Quote:
While building together, each tries to provide the majority of the components for each wonder and collect scoring disks (in four suits).

Seems like a good possibility, and at a very reasonable price to boot. Though Im not sure how well it would play with 2. I wouldnt mind something that plays 2 and scales well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Mansfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Matthew 10: 29-31
mbmbmbmbmb
Mage wars!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Qu├ębec has a similar "cooperative building construction" thing going. You can try to build your own building, or you can contribute to someone else's building, for a perk. There's a lot of area control in it, and some interesting "majority effects" including a novel "cascading" mechanism. Differences are that it doesn't have the card element/card synergies.

If you're at all interested, I'd grab a copy now, as they're going for really cheap but apparently the publisher is liquidating their copies, so it might have another similarity to Blue Moon City in a few years - OOP and mucho $$$

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.