Shelley J
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
If a clue card is dealt as a shadow card, should I?

A) put it in the discard pile because it does not have a shadow effect
B) put it in the staging area and deal its protected card
C) put it in the staging area and deal its protected card AND deal another shadow card to the original enemy?
D) something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure "A) and weep" is the correct answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic B
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Answered here already

Unfortunately the Clue card gets discarded with all the other shadow cards at the end of the combat phase.

This is why you should have for this adventure the card "Shadow of the Past", some luck or a lot of endurance to go through the encounter deck several times.

Good hunting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelley J
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Thanks!

At one point I was playing it with B because I wasn't sure how many clue cards their were. But then 3 clues come out. And the creature from hell that gains plus 2 attach per clue card was out. And then I died. I need to learn how to shuffle better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim C.
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have to wonder if they tested this one properly. Sure the quest is easy... unless you just can't manage to grab one of the objectives because they keep getting discarded as shadow cards. Then you cycle through the encounter deck again...and again...and again. This quest almost made us quit playing the game. They should have seen that this element of the design was an extremely bad idea. It is painful and not fun. Shouldn't fun be the first priority?

We house ruled it so the objectives are not valid for shadow cards and go to the top of the encounter deck just like they do if you lose them due to a damaged or removed from play hero. This speeds things up. I'm all for theme and the concept of what they were going for on this one, but fun should win out over "aggravating slog simulator".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.