Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alam Muammar
Indonesia
Bandung
West Java
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the situation in a battle, my enemy unit all routed and I had left a fate card in my hand to resolve, it was rout 1.
Last time I just resolve it by destroying a unit, assuming routed unit is wounded and retreating to the rear flank, and because no unit standing(at the front)the routed unit was wiped out. I just played with that imagination of a battlefield, I'm not sure if it was right, but seems make sense to me.
I need clarification on this situation, was I right? or the rout 1 has no effect to routed unit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 22 ,

The dealt rout can only target a STANDING unit.

Since all units are routed the card has no further effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alam Muammar
Indonesia
Bandung
West Java
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that's what I though, but it doesn't feel right, I played this game with fun and imaginative way. I think rectangle units usually fast(cavalry), they attack roughly with speed, surprise attack, like in movies LOTR rohan army drives out uruk hai from helms deep. That's what I though about rout effect, it doesn't give significant damage but the surprise element hit their mentality, and make the enemy feel loosing and start retreating, so if all the enemy all ready routed, let say wounded and retreating they cannot handle another surprise attack and get damaged. The drawing aspect or luck to get rout effect is quite rare, so if it has no effect kind of make your luck become bad. But that's just my imaginations slide into this game way too much perhaps. Next time I played I'll just ask other player to follow rules in the book or play imaginatively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that would make routs more powerful than they need to be. If the other army is completely routed already, chances are you've won the battle (although it's not guaranteed, if they have a stronghold and the attacker lost strength).

Routs wasn't intended to cause actual damage, it basically represents them being scattered and disorganized - still there, but not "dead". Scattering them again doesn't really do much.

However, this is a pretty rare situation, from my experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.