Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Reiter
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just When You Thought it Couldn't Get Any Worse...

The card reads, "Place a Zombie on every legal space in a building not already occupied by a Zombie."

This card could mean two things:

1. You can place a Zombie on every interior space not already containing a Zombie, or...

2. You can place a Zombie on every space of a building that doesn't contain any zombies.

What is it that can't already contain a zombie; the entire building or are they just reiterating the rule about one Zombie per square?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Schmidt
United States
Maquoketa
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is a case where they were wording the card in order to leave their options open for expansions. With the dogs from Zombies!!! 4 for instance. The dogs can be placed with 2 on a square, but when placing due to the effect of this card the building containing 1 dog, you would not place another dog on that space because even though it is a legal place, it already has a zombie(dog) on it. But if you are playing with only the base set you fill the unoccupied spaces with zombies, including any spaces containing a player, so long as no zombie was present already.

I hope that is what you're looking for.

-Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wasp Factoryman
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Took me a second to work out what you meant...but I get it now. It's never crossed my mind before. We just play the card to mean any unoccupied 'space' (no zombie on it) within a chosen building (even if zombies are already present) can recieve extra zombies in order to occupy all remaining empty spaces...as opposed to only an unoccupied (empty) building (NO zombies within) can be chosen. I reckon that most buildings in the game tend to have atleast one zombie stumbling about its rooms untill close of play. If you could only use the card on empty buildings it would'nt get used much and would be mostly discarded. It makes more sense to play on unoccupied 'spaces' not empty buildings. Caveat: I may be wrong of course...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Schmidt
United States
Maquoketa
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...I think I might be reading this incorrectly. I'll ask in the Yahoo Zombies group, the creators check in there often so I should have an answer soon.

-Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teh Slipperboy
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Maybe not this week as they're off at DEZCON and won't be back until the 17th.

I'm not the zombies!!! answer guy but I've annoyed Kerry with enough questions to know the answer to this one.

The answer is choice 1, pick any named building and add zombies so there's a zombie on each square in the building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Reiter
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I thought and when I read through the cards before playing I didn't even think about it the other way. However when my GF and I sat down for the 2nd game we both happened to have that card in our hand. I was in an empty building and she played it on me. She was in the hospital and had just cleared it out except for one lone zombie. I thought I'd be a smart ass and play the card to refill it. She was shocked and said, "You can't do that! The building has to be empty."
When she played it on me the building was empty so she hadn't even considered it the other way, and vice versa for me. So that's when we discovered it could go either way.

I did try to use the argument that waiting for empty buildings would be pretty hard but her counter was that she had just done it, and getting the correct weapon card in your hand when you are near the corresponding building was pretty hard too.

So of course I caved...arguing with a woman over stuff like this is like pissing in the wind; there's no point and you'll probably regret it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Schmidt
United States
Maquoketa
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep that is correct, here's my response:

Quote:
Basically, you pick one building and place a zombie on all of the spaces of that building that are not already occupied by a zombie.

Take Care,

Kerry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Reiter
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, man!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.