Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how are the new quests integrated into a campaign? There seems to be only one rumor card, but two new quests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siu Kee Lee
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it is similar to the standard rumour quests (from Lair of the Wyrm & Trolfens), then the first quest probably opens up the second quest in act II.

I'm more curious whether the winner of the act I rumour would somehow affect the second quest, if the assumption is true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's like the other rumors. When a rumor card is played, if the heroes go to it, regardless of who wins, there is an Act II 'followup' quest. So the rumor is the Act I quest, then the second quest is the Act II followup.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moogle wrote:
I'm more curious whether the winner of the act I rumour would somehow affect the second quest, if the assumption is true.

The rewards, if the Overlord wins he gets a special reward card for his deck. Heroes gain nothing. I can't see that the winner has any affect on the second quest.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shafer
msg tools
when during act II is the follow up quest played? my copy of lair of the wyrm and oath of the outcast should be here tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card is in play after the Interlude and the players can choose to 'travel' to it at any time during Act II.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ant
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
shnar wrote:
The card is in play after the Interlude and the players can choose to 'travel' to it at any time during Act II.

-shnar

I'm a little late on this thread but I have a more basic question:

Can the Overlord choose a rumor quest? Or are these quests only reserved for the players to choose or not choose?

In one of our campaigns the OL forced us into a very early rumor quest (immediately after the opening scenario, which he won) and we got hosed and he got a nice artifact. Was that a legal move on his part? I think it was legal but can't quite seem to pin it down in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Watson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The rumour cards make specific quests available as a choice; the winner of the previous quest gets to choose the next quest from those available in the current act. As long as the rumour card is in play and doesn't explicitly state otherwise the quest would be a viable choice for either side to select. The only thing to check is the legitimacy of the rumour card played (i.e. no sneaking an Act II rumour into Act I for example).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ant
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Archonsod wrote:
The rumour cards make specific quests available as a choice; the winner of the previous quest gets to choose the next quest from those available in the current act. As long as the rumour card is in play and doesn't explicitly state otherwise the quest would be a viable choice for either side to select. The only thing to check is the legitimacy of the rumour card played (i.e. no sneaking an Act II rumour into Act I for example).

Thanks for the response! I guess that's a good tactic for an OL, to win early (if possible) and then choose a rumor quest because the players might not be buffed up enough to win it.

We'll probably put these new "Oath" quests into our next campaign instead of using rumor cards. That way we'll be sure to play them, win or lose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Van den Broeck
Belgium
Zwijndrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

I only have the base game and I haven't seen these rumour quests yet. But does this mean that I can choose 'Oath of the outcast' quest as an act I quest? Or can I only do this after the three act I quests have been played and then take this quest as an Interlude?

P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Phyriphiry wrote:
Quote:

I only have the base game and I haven't seen these rumour quests yet. But does this mean that I can choose 'Oath of the outcast' quest as an act I quest? Or can I only do this after the three act I quests have been played and then take this quest as an Interlude?

P

The first one. You get an extra act one quest (that will lead to an extra act two quest). But they don't become pickable until the overlord plays the card (and he might not even draw it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.