Hide
11 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Rules

Subject: Solicited fighters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Adamski
msg tools
Since the Hideki's and Feds are coming in Dec and Jan are they going to be the same as the resources we have or are they going to be set up different? Anyone have an idea? The two solicits below.

Hideki

http://heroclix.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/STAW-Wave-10-...

Fed Fighters

http://heroclix.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/STAW-Wave-11-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cylon
Australia
Ballarat
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm quite keen to see myself, I'm hoping that this means they will go from being a resource to a ship that has some options for upgrading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FakingCylon wrote:
I'm quite keen to see myself, I'm hoping that this means they will go from being a resource to a ship that has some options for upgrading.

For $15 I do kinda hope they have something new in them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing I want is for them to be able to be fielded as multiples.

$15 might seem over the top to some but it might not seem that way to those who have been unable to go to OP events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Coon
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Seems to me they'll be ships and function quite differently than the resource. To me what makes the resource so powerful is that the fighters can be destroyed in no less than 4 shots. The starting weapons value is also strong, but its that survivability that makes them potent to me. My suspicion is the expansion version will have something different than this. But, who knows?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lepperd
msg tools
If they somehow make them identical mechanically to the fighters but remove the resource restriction, I can see a lot of 5-fighter fleets. That's a LOT of bang for your space points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Dole
msg tools
It would make the most sense for the fighters to be distinct from the OP resource fighters for the simple sake of economics. A lot of people seem to go to the OP tournaments, and WizKids certainly wants them to have a reason to buy everything that they release. On top of that, a lot of people are currently selling excess fighters on eBay for (comparitively) reasonable prices.

I'd like to think that they will be released with the content that will allow them to be played either as a resource or as a ship. That's an "everyone is happy" situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SteRT wrote:
The only thing I want is for them to be able to be fielded as multiples.

Are we really sure we want that, though? 5 sets of fighters feels like it might break the game. Even the Borg would be hard-pressed to keep up with that kind of insanity.

I think it'll be best if they make them ships and free up a resource slot (no more having to make that Faustian bargain!), but make them unique. I feel like that would be the best of both worlds (so to speak ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if they're not being used as a resource, they will have their price increased or power decreased to come more in line with everything else

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
delta_angelfire wrote:
if they're not being used as a resource, they will have their price increased or power decreased to come more in line with everything else

That's one possibility but by no means the only one.

I've mentioned on a different thread that I would love to see some passive buff cards that buff fighters that you would place on capital ships in your fleet.

We have seen quite a few Additional/New Rules cards in recent packs so they may very well include one in with the fighters. Perhaps something along the lines of "you may not have more fighters in your fleet than you have other ships".

It's really too soon to tell. (Fun to speculate though)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
beforemath wrote:
It would make the most sense for the fighters to be distinct from the OP resource fighters for the simple sake of economics. A lot of people seem to go to the OP tournaments, and WizKids certainly wants them to have a reason to buy everything that they release. On top of that, a lot of people are currently selling excess fighters on eBay for (comparitively) reasonable prices.

I'd like to think that they will be released with the content that will allow them to be played either as a resource or as a ship. That's an "everyone is happy" situation.

Their names are currently identical to the resources. Simply for the sake of not confusing players, I could see them just being the same. If they were truly going to make them as radically different as would be necessary to make them a non-resource, then a different name would be the appropriate course.

You're overestimating the number of people that go to OPs. A lot of people don't. A lot of people don't have fighters. That's why they seem to do pretty reasonable business on Ebay. The prices I typically see them going for (including shipping), indicate that people are willing to pay an expansion price for them as well. Plus you think they'd spend time and money to develop something entirely new when they know what they've all ready got can be repackaged and sold?

What I think is probably most likely is that these are simply the resource ships, with all the same tokens and their limited card set. It'll no doubt include the rule card still as well. I think the only real question is will they add something else. Assuredly, there will be a mission at the very least, as they've not deviated from that so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.