Subject: ZD3 rules summary rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Dunaway
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This expansion consists of the large yellow d12, brain and shotgun blast tokens. The d12 represents a school bus full of kids who are armed with shotguns.

The d12 never gets put into the dice cup. It's sides are:
1 brain (on 2 different sides)
2 brains
3 brains
1 shotgun blast
2 shotgun blasts
1 brain and 1 shotgun blast
2 brains and 1 shotgun blast
Stop sign
Yield sign
Dead End sign
Tire track

On your turn, you draw and roll 3 dice like normal. On subsequent turns, you may choose to roll the school bus die along with 2 regular dice. You are still only rolling 3 dice at a time. when you roll the school bus die, you are, in effect, "jumping on the bus".

If, on the school bus die you roll brains or shotguns, you take the appropriate token(s) and add them to your brain and/or shotgun blast dice. As usual, 3 shotgun blasts ends your turn.

If you roll the Stop sign, your turn ends and you score whatever brains you have.

If you roll the Yield sign, the children "stop shooting and run". All shotguns are turned into Feet for the current roll only.

If you roll the Dead End sign, all feet are turned into brains for the current roll only.

If you roll the Tire track, you lose 1 brain. You can keep rolling the dice, but you cannot roll the school bus die again until your next turn.

While you are "on the school bus", all feet represent someone who jumped off the bus and ran. You can choose to chase them down by setting aside the school bus die (you can't roll it again until your next turn) and re-roll any feet plus enough dice from the cup so that you're rolling 3 dice. Or, you can "stay on the bus" by discarding the feet dice, pulling enough dice from the cup to replace them and rolling the dice again. The discarded feet dice get put back into the cup at the end of your turn.

If you are also using Zombie Dice 2: Double Feature, the effects of these dice are resolved before the effects of the school bus die.

That's basically it in a nutshell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kunst
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like fun (but a pretty big nutshell though!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thumb up my stuff.
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sounds like actual decisions (aside from "stop" or "keep going") were introduced to the game. Hope to get some more plays in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Jumpman78 wrote:
One question....we play the school bus rule that once you get on the bus, the only way to get off the bus is to (1) chase runners, (2) be kicked off by the "stop" or tire tracks, or (3) end your turn willingly. But outside of these 3 instances, you can never just decide to get off the bus and go back to rolling 3 regular dice.

That seems to be what the rules are saying. zombie

Quote:
For example, I roll a green shotgun, a red brain, and the school bus die shows 2 brains. There are no runners zoo chase and I want to continue rolling, but I decide to just get off the bus and go back to rolling 3 standard die. Is that allowed to happen or can I only ever get off the bus under one of the 3 circumstances above?

I think you can only get off under the circumstances above. If you could simply choose to get off and carry on rolling 3 normal dice, I'd expect the rules to mention that under "Getting Off the School Bus".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
What about Dead End? Can you keep rolling the school bus die or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tolle Colart
Belgium
Deurne
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
What about Dead End? Can you keep rolling the school bus die or not?

Yes you can. Only with the 'Ron Over' icon you must stop using the bus, but you can continue. When you roll the 'Stop' symbol, your turn is over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.