Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mana use - night rules in Dungeon/Tomb rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
In Dungeon (Tomb) night rules applies.

1. Can I use Black Mana from the source even if it is Day Round?
1.1. If I can use do I re-roll Black Mana die after use?

2. Can I use use Gold Mana in Dungeon (Tomb)?

As I read rulebook I would play that Black Mana cannot be used (die is depleted cause it is day time).
I also would not use Gold Mana cause night rules are applied in Dungeon (Tomb).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
c08mk wrote:
1. Can I use Black Mana from the source even if it is Day Round?


yes, because night rules apply.

c08mk wrote:

1.1. If I can use do I re-roll Black Mana die after use?


yes, because night rules apply.

c08mk wrote:

2. Can I use use Gold Mana in Dungeon (Tomb)?


no, because night rules apply.

...
as a clarification, the word "depleted" is not strictly enforced by the rules. It just means that you cannot use the black mana in the source during the day. But since there are night rules in dungeons/tombs, the die is no longer "depleted" and gold die are "depleted" instead. But only for the duration of the combat. After that, day rules apply again.
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
c08mk wrote:
In Dungeon (Tomb) night rules applies.

1. Can I use Black Mana from the source even if it is Day Round?
1.1. If I can use do I re-roll Black Mana die after use?


yes,in dungeons it's always night.
yes! When you use a die you reroll it.

Quote:

2. Can I use use Gold Mana in Dungeon (Tomb)?

no you can't use gold mana during night - and in dungeons there is always night.

Quote:

As I read rulebook I would play that Black Mana cannot be used (die is depleted cause it is day time).

be careful with the concept of depleted dice. They use the term in the walkthrough to illustrate better taht you can't use it. In the actual rules the never mention that term. (unfortunately they use it on 1 or 2 cards - so I can't say that there is nothing like a depleted die but you should be careful to interpret not too much in it.)
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
to qualify, "depleted" just means "a gold die during the night and/or a black die during the day". You should not infer or assume anything else from the term. i.e. treat it as a tag, nothing more

best wishes, Rick
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Thanks

Black Mana will surely help in dungeons.

And if eg. most of source dice are black, this is a way to re-roll them during day round with hope for some other mana color.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use Black die during the day or a Gold die during the night.

If you're arythea and have the Polarization skill.

Quote:
You can use mana one mana as a mana of the opposite color (see token diagram). During the Day, you could use a black mana as any color other than black (not to power the stronger effect of spells). At Night, you could use a gold mana as black to power the stronger effect of a Spell, but not as any other color.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bridgham
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
morni wrote:
You can use Black die during the day or a Gold die during the night.

If you're arythea and have the Polarization skill.

Quote:
You can use mana one mana as a mana of the opposite color (see token diagram). During the Day, you could use a black mana as any color other than black (not to power the stronger effect of spells). At Night, you could use a gold mana as black to power the stronger effect of a Spell, but not as any other color.


Goldyx can also use them for his Universal Power skill, for the +3.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jebry wrote:
morni wrote:
You can use Black die during the day or a Gold die during the night.

If you're arythea and have the Polarization skill.

Quote:
You can use mana one mana as a mana of the opposite color (see token diagram). During the Day, you could use a black mana as any color other than black (not to power the stronger effect of spells). At Night, you could use a gold mana as black to power the stronger effect of a Spell, but not as any other color.


Goldyx can also use them for his Universal Power skill, for the +3.


I doubt that, but I can’t find an official clarification. Clarification of Goldyx Skill "Universal Power"” suggests that you can, butLong Night, and Universal Power, and “Universal Power + depleted die?” claim that you cannot (and the latter has contributions from people I know are very experienced MK players.)

(Edit: first thread was not relevant to this case.)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trevin wrote:
I doubt that, but I can’t find an official clarification. “Clarification of Goldyx Skill "Universal Power"” suggests that you can, but “Long Night, and Universal Power” and “Universal Power + depleted die?” claim that you cannot (and the latter has contributions from people I know are very experienced MK players.)


Actually, the first thread you linked was referring to powering Universal Power with black mana during the night, which is totally fine
I think the overall consensus is that you cannot use black mana during the day unless it is specifically allowed (because night rules apply or because skills/cards specifically rule the use of black mana).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
Trevin wrote:
I doubt that, but I can’t find an official clarification. “Clarification of Goldyx Skill "Universal Power"” suggests that you can, but “Long Night, and Universal Power” and “Universal Power + depleted die?” claim that you cannot (and the latter has contributions from people I know are very experienced MK players.)


Actually, the first thread you linked was referring to powering Universal Power with black mana during the night, which is totally fine
I think the overall consensus is that you cannot use black mana during the day unless it is specifically allowed (because night rules apply or because skills/cards specifically rule the use of black mana).


Agreed
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
Trevin wrote:
I doubt that, but I can’t find an official clarification. “Clarification of Goldyx Skill "Universal Power"” suggests that you can, but “Long Night, and Universal Power” and “Universal Power + depleted die?” claim that you cannot (and the latter has contributions from people I know are very experienced MK players.)


Actually, the first thread you linked was referring to powering Universal Power with black mana during the night, which is totally fine
I think the overall consensus is that you cannot use black mana during the day unless it is specifically allowed (because night rules apply or because skills/cards specifically rule the use of black mana).


Misread that; thank you.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.