Popular Tags: [View All]
THE REVENGE OF THE GOLDFISH
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rules:

"A Sea Move may never be made to an unresolved battle, but may be combined with other Sea or Land moves"

Can i have an example how is this possible to happen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friedrich wrote:
"A Sea Move may never be made to an unresolved battle, but may be combined with other Sea or Land moves"

Can i have an example how is this possible to happen?

It sounds like you may be mis-thinking that this sentence means that a single block can make several sea and land moves. But I think the sentence simply means that in one turn you can do several sea and land moves (with various blocks).

E.g. in one turn, you spend one CP to activate one block to move by land and you spend another CP to move some other block by sea.

(Caveat: it's been a long time since I played this game.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE REVENGE OF THE GOLDFISH
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ι was thinking the same but wasn't sure.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Richards
Australia
Mittagong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It simply means that you cannot sea move into a battle that has not yet been finalized.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shaynerichards72 wrote:
It simply means that you cannot sea move into a battle that has not yet been finalized.

That's indeed what "may never be made to an unresolved battle" means, but I think the question was about the second part ("may be combined with other Sea or Land moves")...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Willner
msg tools
mb
Right. With multiple command points available, you can do a sea move, and use the other command points to do other sea or land moves with different blocks in the same turn, but you can't do a coordinated sea and land attack into the same battle, or reinforce by sea a battle that the other player has initiated - communications were not that sophisticated in Texas in 1836. And one block can't do both a sea move and a land move in the same turn - the intent of the "combined" language is to refer to moves by other blocks in the same turn, using more command points. For example, if you have three blocks in Matagorda, and play a card giving you three command points, two of the units could each make a combined sea move from Matagorda to Galveston (assuming Galveston is friendly to you at the time), while the third block moves out of Matagorda by land, or stays in place and forages. Or the third block could move by sea as well. Or, if Galveston were enemy held, one block could make a sea attack into Galveston using 2 CPs, while a second moves out of Matagorda by land, sea moves to a friendly port somewhere else, or forages, using the third CP, and the third block does nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.