Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sergey Serebryanskiy
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
Hello!
I've got the question about Challenge.
The Rules in COMBAT section says: F. Challenge: «hero who was attacked may now initiate a single attack on one of the cards that just attacked him or another hero in the same space at the cost of 1 Movement point,».
Another section (SPECIAL ACTIONS) of the rules says: "Challenge: Once per turn at the cost of 1 Movement point, your hero may initiate an attack".
Is it one thing or two different things? If "Challenge" is a part of the battle sequence, does it mean that player may attack another hero only in Challenge step of the battle initiated by another player, or THAT "second" challenge doesn't have anything about Combat sequence and I just can attack another hero on the same space once per turn for 1 movement and then, when I'm attacked I still can attack on challenge step? (or can't because "once per turn").
The main question is: Are these "challenges" different?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are describing two different things. You make an attack on your own turn. If you save a movement point and are then attacked on someone else's turn, then you can make an attack. They happen on two different turns (your turn and your opponent's turn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
epic_serj wrote:
Hello!
I've got the question about Challenge.
The Rules in COMBAT section says: F. Challenge: «hero who was attacked may now initiate a single attack on one of the cards that just attacked him or another hero in the same space at the cost of 1 Movement point,».
Another section (SPECIAL ACTIONS) of the rules says: "Challenge: Once per turn at the cost of 1 Movement point, your hero may initiate an attack".
Is it one thing or two different things? If "Challenge" is a part of the battle sequence, does it mean that player may attack another hero only in Challenge step of the battle initiated by another player, or THAT "second" challenge doesn't have anything about Combat sequence and I just can attack another hero on the same space once per turn for 1 movement and then, when I'm attacked I still can attack on challenge step? (or can't because "once per turn").
The main question is: Are these "challenges" different?

You can save an unused Movement point from your turn, then used to perform only one Challenge.

Use a token of some description to keep track of it, and place it on your character cards feet or something.

Either use it to attack an enemy/player that has attacked you, or use it to initiate combat on another player when they are on turn and move into your space.

It is discarded if unused when you next perform your Reset Phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergey Serebryanskiy
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
Thanks for the help! Using of the same word made me doubt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.