Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrei Koenig
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I wonder if anyone has an idea of how I can reach GameSalute Customer Service. They owe me a refund, and it has been 2 months now. I want to talk to someone to make it happen.

For two days I have been calling 1-888-57-GAMES, it rings and goes to voicemail. Ironically, the message tells me about their "business hours from 8:30 to 5:30 EST", and that's when I am calling. I left a message. I also emailed them, and have not heard back.

Any other ways to get in touch with them? Any reps from GameSalute on BGG I could GeekMail?

Thanks.
Andrei

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
you could try contacting one of the Myriad Games game stores in this area.. I believe at least one of the owning partners has a financial relationship with the other

however you realize they may just be on vacation given it is right around a federal holiday
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Koenig
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:

however you realize they may just be on vacation given it is right around a federal holiday

That might be it, but to me working in customer service, the idea of the entire business to shut down to go on vacation seems absurd. I could understand if they were closed on Monday to observe Memorial Day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
koenigcitizen wrote:
That might be it, but to me working in customer service, the idea of the entire business to shut down to go on vacation seems absurd. I could understand if they were closed on Monday to observe Memorial Day.

That only seems absurd it you forget that they are a small business. It's not uncommon for small businesses to shut down for vacations.

Having said that, I had the most success sending a message:

Springboard by Game Salute
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Looks like you aren't the only one looking for a Game Salute refund.

The CEO has posted a phone number on a few of their Kickstarter projects (Wok Star, Tiger Stripes, Legends of the American Frontier, etc) so you might try that:

Quote:
You can reach me directly by phone at 603-401-9386. I am able and willing to schedule time to chat with each person who would like to talk by phone.

- Dan Yarrington, Founder and CEO, Game Salute
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Koenig
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Jared and Tim.

Exactly the info I was looking for!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
koenigcitizen wrote:
Thanks, Jared and Tim.

Exactly the info I was looking for!

Yea, GS is in the middle of some...issues with a number of their Kickstarters right now. On top of possible vacations, they're also probably inundated with requests for refunds and other issues.

I'm not excusing them - they're absolutely messing up a lot right now. Just giving you some context so you don't worry that they're just ignoring everyone and shutting down doors; it's more likely that they're just overwhelmed right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cody
United States
Columbus
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed them a month ago and actually got a quick and relevant response. I emailed service@gamesalute.com and they were very responsive. However, after the communication ended I didn't exactly get a result, I didn't really follow up though so for now I will just blame it on my end. I will let you know if I hear anything back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Idaho11 wrote:
Yea, GS is in the middle of some...issues with a number of their Kickstarters right now. On top of possible vacations, they're also probably inundated with requests for refunds and other issues.

I'm not excusing them - they're absolutely messing up a lot right now. Just giving you some context so you don't worry that they're just ignoring everyone and shutting down doors; it's more likely that they're just overwhelmed right now.

Good point. I almost forgot about the Alien Frontiers factions that will end up being about a year late.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Koenig
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wccody wrote:
I emailed them a month ago and actually got a quick and relevant response. I emailed service@gamesalute.com and they were very responsive. However, after the communication ended I didn't exactly get a result, I didn't really follow up though so for now I will just blame it on my end. I will let you know if I hear anything back.

I sent them an email using the above address about 3 days ago, and I am yet to hear back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJL
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've called them probably a half dozen times about three or four different KS games. They have been very responsive each time, though my calls were for generally minor issues (e.g., shipping address changes, order clarifications, etc.).

Edit: Those calls happened over several months between fall of 2013 and March this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all, Michael from GS here.

First of all, please accept my apologies if the phone isn't answered. However, it should go through to a voicemail in that case, so please leave a message and we will respond.

Second, any emails sent to Service over the last couple of days are now being dealt with. This is down to me - I was in hospital having surgery on my back, but I'm now catching up on everything. At the very latest, you will have a response within the next day.

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Koenig
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your post, Michael.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.