• [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaron Lannister wrote:
Does it?

There are very few missions where the objective will count as an item and take up space, but generally, unless the mission rules specifically tells you that it does, then they do not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Objective tokens, no. Most of the time it's xp granted from the token. Or keys, or medicine (both of which do not occupy Inventory Space).

~Will
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As some of us in the french quarter develop Campaigns, there is this new tendency:
Objective do represent some item, that might be needed (or not) later on in the campaign.
Either you keep the token, and treat it as any Equipment, either you swap it with a custom card made "just for the occasion" (the card always suits a more usual use).
Make it more immersive and easy to remind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XofMdS wrote:
As some of us in the french quarter develop Campaigns, there is this new tendency:
Objective do represent some item, that might be needed (or not) later on in the campaign.
Either you keep the token, and treat it as any Equipment, either you swap it with a custom card made "just for the occasion" (the card always suits a more usual use).

I've always tended to do that with my scenario designs too (except without the custom cards).

Another approach I had started to re-explore, before life got in the way, was using them as triggers, like 'blue spawn activates when blue objective found', but making the 'blue objective' something more 'real world' - and a few existing scenarios do already do something similar - making them switches (which of course PO formalised into their own tokens), or the like - because I think there's scope for doing much more along those lines with them.

And, just as a side note, this is why I like the generic X approach to objectives - they can be objects, or they can be triggers, or they can be something else I haven't yet thought of - whereas a 'set of keys' token can only ever be 'a set of keys'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
XofMdS wrote:

I've always tended to do that with my scenario designs too (except without the custom cards).

Another approach I had started to re-explore, before life got in the way, was using them as triggers, like 'blue spawn activates when blue objective found', but making the 'blue objective' something more 'real world' - and a few existing scenarios do already do something similar - making them switches (which of course PO formalised into their own tokens), or the like - because I think there's scope for doing much more along those lines with them.

And, just as a side note, this is why I like the generic X approach to objectives - they can be objects, or they can be triggers, or they can be something else I haven't yet thought of - whereas a 'set of keys' token can only ever be 'a set of keys'.

I share this approach 100%
Yet I shifted a bit because of the french fellows that are from the other houses (Slytherin certainly). I reckon that from game to game, campaign mode, it is more interesting to have custom card.
Not the point.

You missed something really great GG put in their last Campaign (KS2): colour of the Objective to have some danger level effect.
That one I did not foresee!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Deignan
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
Aaron Lannister wrote:
Does it?

There are very few missions where the objective will count as an item and take up space, but generally, unless the mission rules specifically tells you that it does, then they do not.

I've noticed quite a few of the downloadable missions on CMON's zombicide page use this rule. One in particular the red objectives are explosives and the blue objective is a detonator...which you use to blow up certain buildings in the scenario. All of them take up inventory space. It's a mechanic that works pretty well from what I've seen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To spice a bit, I sometimes houserule that blank Objectives, for Mission without any fluff for them, are Companion Dogs. (or ultrared weapon)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.