Subject: How well USE rules are written rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Amenta

Idaho Falls
Idaho
msg tools
mb
Received USE yesterday and began reading the rules today. Just wondering if I'm the only one who thinks the rules are remarkably well written? I mean - I've become so use to reading rules without examples, or references, or are poorly worded, that it comes as almost a shock to find rules that are written very very well.

Kudos to Vasta.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DanteEdmundo wrote:
Received USE yesterday and began reading the rules today. Just wondering if I'm the only one who thinks the rules are remarkably well written? I mean - I've become so use to reading rules without examples, or references, or are poorly worded, that it comes as almost a shock to find rules that are written very very well.

Kudos to Vasta.

Thanks, John. Did you intend to post this on the Unconditional Surrender! World War 2 in Europe page rather than this USCB one?

Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Amenta

Idaho Falls
Idaho
msg tools
mb
svasta wrote:
DanteEdmundo wrote:

Kudos to Vasta.

Thanks, John. Did you intend to post this on the Unconditional Surrender! World War 2 in Europe page rather than this USCB one?

Sal

I just realized my mistake! Then read this comment after. I'll see if I can move the comment to intended forum. surprise Be glad I ain't writing any rules! Thanks Sal for a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
After having played a game of this (finished yesterday), the comment is duly appropriate for this PNP game, as well. Very clearly written rules . . . and also why I prefer thorough rules over concise ones. The concepts of this game are not overly complicated, but they are unique, and the extra attention to word choice and formatting really pays off. I had *ZERO* questions during my play of the game. The rulesbook answered them all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Chris.

Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos S. Olivares PĂ©rez
Spain
Vigo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the best-written rulebooks - if not the best - I have ever read. It is clear and precise. Congratulations to the author. One minor objection regarding the rulebook (Designer Edition) is that some paragraphs headlines (as 5.2 or 5.3.1) are the last line of a column; this is what in typesetting is called "an orphan".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gracias, Carlos.

The orphans in the Designer's Edition is due to it being in MS Word and I am too lazy to scroll through the file to add/remove lines or spacing before/after paragraphs to remove them from existing. It is time consuming and I try to maintain three versions of the rulebook.

Sal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.